1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cat food???

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by dee4126, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dee4126

dee4126 "Never Molted"

I know there is a list of stuff crabbies can eat but i read on another site that they can eat cat food and or dog food in small amounts and not often is this true i noticed it wasnt on on the list

2. dee4126

dee4126 "Never Molted"

also in addition what about any type of fish flakes and are hermit crab flakes any good either.if given with other stuff

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

We don't reccomend feeding them dog or cat food. Not sure what site you saw that on, but it's definately misinformation.

Fish flakes that contain no harmful chemicals(copper sulfate or EQ) or any preservatives.

4. dee4126

dee4126 "Never Molted"

:thanks:

5. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, the problem with cat or dog food is that it contains all sorts of bad chemicals in it (preservatives, artificial flavorings, pesticides, etc.). Most preservatives have some insecticidal qualities, and for sure the chemicals added to keep bugs out of the cat/dog food bags can easily kill your crabs. Crabs enjoy lots of variety in their diet, lots of meats, fruits/veggies, calcium, etc. They'll never even miss cat food!

6. StLCrab

StLCrab (Micro Crab)

There is some nice cat/dog food out there. My cat eats Petguard. It's human grade and organic without preservatives. I'm not saying it should be fed to hermit crabs or not, just though I would let people know in case they were interested for their dog or cat :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.