1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caramel popcorn

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by Carlos, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos

Carlos "Never Molted"

I was looking through my pantry and saw that we have caramel popcorn. Can crabs eat that?

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

I'm betting it has salt on it, so that would make it a no. Plus with the caramel it's going to be loaded down with sugar.

3. WizKidsMom

WizKidsMom "Preparing For Third Molt"

Plain popcorn with no salt and no butter is the best. Save the carmel stuff for yourself. :D

4. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

You can make some healthful Kandy Korn for the crabs by air-popping some corn and drizzling it with pure maple syrup and honey. They love popcorn, but best to keep it healthy!

5. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

I am going to do this, I was thinking of a way to make the plain old pop corn better and thought drizzle it with honey. I hate honey but they love it so it would be a great little treat. I however would have to use a pan and stove method, can I use extra virgin olive oil to pop it with? I know you need to use some type of oil or something to do the stove method of popcorn.

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Yup the virgin olive oil is good for them.

7. Jedi_sena

Jedi_sena (Micro Crab)

Yeah, I use the stove-top method too. There are several suitable oils that can be used. The extra virgin types are best, but since you're heating them to a high degree, I don't get too worked up about the type of oil as long as it comes from a safe food source. I like to use walnut oil, make a big batch, reserve a small handfull for the crabs, salt and eat the rest myself! Walnut oil is soooo yummy on popcorn! If you try it you'll never use butter again!

Peanut oil, coconut oil, and red palm oil are also awesome.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.