1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can you have to much humitity?????

Discussion in 'The Welcome Rock' started by tink, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tink

tink "Never Molted"

I went with a piece of plexi glass like everyone suggested for the lid to our new (used) 40 gallon tank for the 3 crabs we have (I know over kill)!!! My husband and I researched, I understand the crabs breath the wetness in the air. SO we only put 4 small holes for air circualtaion... Now the tank is warm enough, and the humitity is between 80 and 95 all the time.... Can that hurt them? Should I put more holes? I am so stress who new crabs would take so much energy...I am sure once we are all dialed in they will be easy and fun to watch and hold(sometimes) but right now feel a bit stressed.... They are alive so I have to do what is right by not killing them.... I am such a :dork2:..... :hahahaha: please let me know I would feel terrible if I drown them with to much humitity.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

95% is too high. Keep it about 80% and add more holes. Pics? :flower:

3. tink

tink "Never Molted"

I was reading on the crab care sheet that a mess lid will need at least 90% covered with plastic, So should I vent about 10% of the plexi glass lid???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.