1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I move her back

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by kaw0521, Mar 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaw0521

kaw0521 Hi, I'm New Here!

Hi everyone. I had a crab that molted last week. I have lost two others during a molt so I was hesitant to move her into an ISO. Basically I put a piece of cardboard in the 10 gallon tank to seperate it. The molt went well and she's up and about eating/drinking/ate exoskeleton. Well I went in to refresh food/water and to my surprise one of the crabs who was not supposed to be in there was. The molted crab seemed fine and so my question is: Can I just go ahead give the molted crab a quick bath and make them all one big happy family again? Thanks!

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Once he has been up for a day or so it should be fine. He probably dug a little tunnel under the cardboard:).

3. kaw0521

kaw0521 Hi, I'm New Here!

So no bath right? There is so much pro/con postmolt bathing. From what I can tell, the crab that snuck into my cardboard ISO ;) didn't bother the crab who molted a week ago, but I'm ultra conservative and a normal worried crab owner. Opinions?

4. vckums

vckums Moderator

I would give them all a quick dip together so they smell the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.