1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calcium

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by zenoscribe, Jan 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenoscribe

zenoscribe "Never Molted"

Many of the "recipes" I have read include ground up cuttlebone as a calcium supplement. Would RepCal's green label calium be a good alternative (contains no phosphorous, no vitamin D)?

2. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Not sure about that brand myself, I have a cuttlebone in with my guys, and you can always sprinkle a bit of Calci-sand in their food. It's not the best substrate (won't hold humidity, and gets kinda smelly when wet) but it is a good calcium suppliment. Also, if you check out http://www.epicureanhermit.com you can find some really useful diet info...including research into the Dairy Myth.

Happy Crabbing

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I think I have something similar to you that I use with my crabs.It's powdered oyster shells by RepCal (pink label).I've been using it on their food for about two months now,and it works just fine.But if you're still not sure,you can always use ground up cuttlebone,or Calci-Sand,like pineapple suggested.

4. zenoscribe

zenoscribe "Never Molted"

Thanks a bunch! I use a pinch of RepCal green label on my sugar gliders' dinner. Since I don't own a grinder, I had hoped it would be good for crabs too. I'll check out the pink label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.