1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bye Bye Turk!

Discussion in 'Other Special Pets' started by starmaiden, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

:litenbla:You were a very pretty betta! I'm sorry I couldn't cure your fungus infection fast enough before it killed you. :tear:
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/bettas/turk4.jpg[/img]

2. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

Oh dear Starmaiden :tear:

Turk was such a beautiful boy.... I am so sorry for your loss.

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Sorry I just lost one of mine-- I lose them all to velvet disease and I am treating them - I think they are breeding them too much cause of demand - I use to have my fish 3-4 years in a bowl :shuffle:

4. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Thanks! He looked like he was going to pull through, but I found him dead on the bottom of the bowl this morning.

From what I've researched on the internet, the halfmoons and the crowntails are really inbred out of necessity to create the fancy finnage, and are more prone to problems with their fins. They also don't live as long as the veil tails.

I came back from my vacation and all my bettas had a fungus. poor Turk was the worst of them! I started treating them immediately, but the first stuff I used, BettaFix Remedy, wasn't working. I switched to API Fungus Cure last Wednesday, and it has worked much better for them. The other three seem to be on the mend. Big Red even made a bubble nest Saturday night in the neon yellow medicated water. :chuckle: But it just didn't work fast enough for poor Turk. :tuna: :tear:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.