1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bully or friend

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by kimorris, Nov 7, 2011.

1. kimorris

kimorris Hi, I'm New Here!

:tease2: I have a sort of new crab and he is bigger than the others. I don't know if he is trying to find a friend or is bulling the other crabs.  So I bought another big crab to keep him company. How do you tell friend or bully?

Kim :straw: :thanks:

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

bully's sometimes grab onto a crab and rock it back and forth. You will also hear the other crab chirping because of fear or agrivation and wont stop untill it lets go.

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

It's really sad to hear them chirp, it's very light so you have to pay attention. I heard it at the pet store when I was getting my 1st crab and I keep an ear out but I don't have to worry too much. Mine are all buddies.

4. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

you can give them a bath if you see them attacking each other, this makes everyone smell the same. make sure you have enough shells to for them change into

5. kimorris

kimorris Hi, I'm New Here!

:huggies: Thank you for all the advice. I gave them all a bath and that did seem to work. Plus my tank is newly set up and I guess the stress also plays a part. Crabby looks relaxed today, just hanging out, not chasing anyone.
    Great advice to all. Thank you again. :thanks: :rainbow:

Kim

6. scoobdoo

when i got chirped at for breaking up a fight, it was loud and clear! i about peed my pants, i was taken aback from surprize then cause it was funny! i gave him a stern talking to!

7. Dezzi

Dezzi "First Molt In Progress"

scoobdoo- 2 funny!

I have yet to hear a chirp.  Although, I was out of town one time, and my Mom was coming over to take care of my crabs, and she said that she reached in to touch Lee - and he made a weird noise at her. She said it scared her so bad!

I asked her if it was a chirp like noise, and she could not describe it.  Said it was just weird and not like anything she had ever heard before.

I had told her NOT to touch them, just care for them, but she did not listen~!

8. scoobdoo

i know it's hard to desribe to someone, kind of like a cricket grinding it's teeth if they had teeth! that was the nly time i heard mine chirp