1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bud ugly my frog

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by scoobdoo, Jul 20, 2012.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

my poor little frog my buddy has died, july 14th after he had battle his illness of his bloating that the vet said was congestive heart failure for about a yr, he had a sore from it and it popped releasing all the fluid he had looked pretty good and then he must of started getting sick & I didn't see it he started getting a fungus, I saw it and jumped in my car and ran to walmart to gets meds , came home to clean his tank and that's when I noticed he was already gone. he must of died sometime during the day before or night and floated to the front & I didn't see him til then. I had him for 10 years or more and we had estimated him to be 13+ years old or more. I took it really hard.. he was a rescue albino african aquatic frog male. you just can go to a pet store around here and pick one up, they are rare, you have to get them through the mail..and the chances you have to take to get one and for them to live is like a goldfish, you only have so many days to return and they are not easy to take care of if they get sick

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

So sorry to hear about ugly. I knew he was sick when you posted it last year when my betta got dropsy. You have your good memories. Shed some tears. :tear: :tear:

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:whaaaat:  :tear:

Oh Noooo!!  Sigh, I remember a couple of years ago he got sick and you took him to the vet and then he was on the mend back to his old self, and then he became sickly again, and he bounced back.  Sigh... He was really a trooper...and so were/are you for taking such good care of him.  He had a good life with you despite his health problems.

I'm so sorry ScoobDoo.....I know he was so special to you.  The heart-ache of a loss of a "little family member" is so painful, and I'm sending you hugs and hoping your heart will soon be on the mend.    :hug2:    :hug2: 

4. Dezzi7

Dezzi7 Hi, I'm New Here!

So sorry about your frog. I have never had one as a pet, but I adore them. From what I've read, you took excellent care of him and he was very lucky to have you.