1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bubbler Bowl

Discussion in 'Product Reviews.' started by Curls II, Oct 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Curls II

Curls II Hi, I'm New Here!

Its not just for Reptiles & Amphibians any more! Its like a Crab Spa.
    I like to try other products I think could work well for the Hermies.

*Stimulate all tropical & Forest dwelling
    *Creates terrarium Humidity (vent lid)
    *Can be used with any air pump (small works best)
    *Fits in terrarium corner & Easy to Clean
    *Habi-Scape rock texture saves pet from drowning

I use a natural sea sponge over the top of the air stone to reduce
    splashing on the glass or water getting into the substrate too much.
    This product can be found in the Reptile Dept of most PetsMart stores
    for about$12.oo its a PET-Tech Product. I love the idea of keeping the water moving. [​IMG]

2. Love4HermitCrabs

Love4HermitCrabs (Micro Crab)

I think I will tell my Hubby about this Bubble Blower thing because he needs better humidity. And i believe crabmom at thehermiehut.com sells them to.
    Sandra

3. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

CURLS thanks for the infomation, i will keep my eye out for this. I am always into checking out new products on the market for hermies. I use the tropic aire humidifier & i must say, I LOVE IT. You can find this at Pet Discounters. The only thing i would reccomend with it is a very strong air pump even more so then they reccomend per gallon. This thing works like a charm.

BTW: Sandra if your hubby used one of these he could just split the tubing that the tropic aire uses into to runs for both parts of his tank, if you catch my drift. [​IMG]

4. Eric

Eric "First Molt, A Success"

CURLS,

Do you have a link to any online stores whom have a photo of this product?

Cappa

5. OkieCrabber

OkieCrabber Hi, I'm New Here!

6. StawberryDreams

StawberryDreams Hi, I'm New Here!

After buying all the parts to make my own bubbler bowl, I found one at petsmart. It did not look that different than mine, except that it was a single bowl. I found that if you have several tanks, or a large tank, it is cheaper in the long run to make your own. I bought an air pump for a much bigger tank than I have, then I bought an 8 ft. piece of tubing, and then a splitter with valves to change the air flow (4 valves), and then a pack of 4 air stones, oh and of course deep enough water bowls. This way I can use up to 4 hoses, or even more than that if I get a second splitter and attach one of the hoses from the first splitter to the second one. I only have two water bowls in one tank, but this way I can have a bubbler for both bowls, and when I get my new tank, I can also have bubbler bowls in them also, without having to buy 4 separate bubbler bowls, and several air pumps.

And when I put the air flow up on my bowls, it sprays water into the air, so one side of my tank always has a fine mist and dew on the glass and substrate. My crabs seem to like it.
    Just thought I would share

7. happy_crabbies

happy_crabbies (Micro Crab)

I just bought 2 of those bubbler bowls--i just haven't put the bubble part into it yet. I liked the "corner" fitting shape which is why I bought them. I will have to try the bubbles! The extra humidity sure would be a plus!

8. happy_crabbies

Just to give you all an update on the bubbler bowls...
    My crabs LOVE it. I have one for fresh and another for salt water. At almost any given time, I see at least 2-4 crabs sitting on the sides of the bowls (for quite awhile). I think they like the little splashes of water from the bubbler stone.
    I also think it helps tremdously with the humidity. [​IMG]

9. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I just bought one today and my crabs haven't tried it out yet.I hope they like it.

10. moire_eel

moire_eel "Second Molt, A Success"

They had the medium sizezd bubbler bowls on clearance at my PetSmart. I took a look at one, and it appears to be just a bowl with an airstone and plastic tubing. The medium bowl is smaller than I'd want, so I decided to grab a different style of bowl (actually a ceramic bowl for dogs -- it was dark blue and nice and deep). I already have airline tubing, airstones, a check valve and small air pump at home, so I will try assembling one myself as soon as I can make a bigger hole where my saltwater dish is. Currently Tweezers is molting really near there so I'll have to wait a couple more weeks.

11. happy_crabbies

I would actually like mine to be a little bigger too.. [​IMG]
    I have 2 of them side by side, and it is really funny because several of the crabs like to straddle the two dishes. So they have one leg in the SW and one Leg in the Fresh. They really entertain me ALOT [​IMG]
    It amazes my husband that I find so much joy in these critters. He finds them a little boring. [​IMG] (what is WRONG with him [​IMG])

12. tb1234

tb1234 (Micro Crab)

I think I will def. add a couple bubbler bowls, DIY style to my bigger tank when I set it up.

LOL, my hubby is the same way! LOL

13. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

All in my family think boring!

14. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

I got a bubbler bowl today! Someone had opened it and took the stone so I got it 1/2 price only $2.50!! I had made a bubbler bowl for my guys but I like this corner shaped one. I went into the room earlier and 2 hermies were swimming in it. They like it too.

15. pineapplemama

pineapplemama (Small Crab)

Right now we are all kinda addicted to watching our new friends...even the hubby! My daughter refers to them as the "babies" the "bugs" and occasionally will actually call them "crabbies" of course she's only 3...

I think it's rather amusing...when my hubby came home and found a crab tank in our bedroom he tried to be all huff and puff...but then plopped his butt down and preceeded to watch them for an hour before realizing he still hadn't gotten a shower...they can be distracting huh?!

If mine ever settle down...and when I get a larger tank I may see about these bubbly bowls and waterfalls etc...it would be amusing to watch the crabs have a spa treatment...since I never get one!!

-Crystal

16. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

Could someone post a picture of this thing? It sounds awesome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.