1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boo friggin hoo

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Crabby1, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Crabby1

Crabby1 "Third Molt, A Success"

:scream: :BangHead: :aargh: Ok, so ya, Ed Mc Mahon died...and????  He was 86 people!!  Hellllloooo!  No one lives forever.
    I'm sure his family is sad, but I really don't consider it "breaking news".  He was just like anyone else who dies when they are old...other that being friends with Johnny, and being a celeb, why was he so "great"?   It's not like he was a god or something!
    Geesh....I can only hope to live to 86 and be extremely rich and famous!

OK, I'm done now.
    :sunny: :rainbow:

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, that kind of stuff bothers me too. What about the important stuff going on in the world? What about accidents that shouldn't have happened that kill people? I mean, yeah, I've heard about the Metro D.C. train crash and the Iranian election fiasco and now the North Korea fiasco...that's news. Not that Ed McMahon died or the Jon and Kate Plus 8 family is divorcing, but still going to do their TV show. Seriously, people? You call this news? It reminds me of the book 1984, where the news shows always reported that "boot lace production was up" even though you couldn't buy them anywhere.

Let's report some real news here, people. Not crappy celebrity crap. (pardon my language)

3. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

.....I kinda liked Ed

:crybaby2: :crybaby2: :crybaby2:

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

me too Mad- I had no idea he died so it was news to me

5. Crabby1

I never said I didn't like him, but I'm just aggrivated at how they are making him seem like some super human or something.  I mean, he was lucky to have lived such a long life, we can only hope to be as lucky....I just don't think it's important enough to dominate every news show and news break.  I would think that once you hit your 80's, it's pretty much a given that your gonna die pretty soon!!

6. emmac350

Yeah, I tend to agree with Crabby1. In the case that someone is young and passes away, I can see getting upset, but when you start getting older (70s-80s) it's kind of understood that you're not going to last forever. I love my grandfather to pieces (even if he is having harder times understanding me on the phone), but he's 86 or 87 (I never can remember) and I have accepted that I'm going to get a call from my parents at some point that he's not doing so well (granted, he has now survived two gall bladder surgeries earlier this spring and is doing well now) and to expect the worst. It's just a part of life. I miss my grandma, but her last days were fraught with Alzheimer's and she didn't know any of us. I'll see her when I die, so I am comforted, you know?

7. clonehappy

clonehappy "First Molt, A Success"

I prefer seeing news about something like this, than seeing the more depressing world stuff.  Its just how I am though I get so tired of hearing about nothing but bad bad bad.  Wonder why they hardly ever report on anything happy/good.  I normally avoid news in general on TV now :-\  and just get little bits and pieces from aol news when I check my email.  Otherwise you'll see me watching comedies to keep my spirits up lol.  Plus yeah I liked Ed too, back in the Johnny Carson days that was great TV ... just dont have alot of that kinda stuff on anymore. I never want to hear about actors/tv personalities from the great tv era passing away even though its inevitable.  I still miss I Love Lucy for cryin out loud! :crybaby2: 

8. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Ugh, nobody menion North Korea anymore, k?  LOL  I live in Hawaii and it's scaring the heck out of me.  I know I'll probably  be fine, but it's still scary. 

9. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

to qoute Keanu Reeves from the first speed movie, Kim Jong is "Crazy, not Stupid"

He knows better than to try anything, given all of the people surrounding him that are bigger.  He knows full well that all of NKorea would be lown to *&^% if he tries anything

10. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

LOL Still doesn't help me if he does anything.  I'll already be blown to bits before him.  I honestly don't think anything is going to happen, but at least Ryan will be home before they're set to launch it, so I won't die alone if I die...lol

11. Bloodberry

Bloodberry (Medium Crab)

OK, Ed is old news then, how about Farrah and Michael? Two in one day!

12. Crabby1

well, we all knew Farrah didn't have long, but it's still sad....but Michael?  holy carp...that's crazy!  I live about 1hr away from where he grew up before they became famous, so it's a big deal around here.
    Absolutely crazy....I feel horrible for the kids....I can't imagine if hubby or I just fell over dead one day....how sad....and they don't even know their mother.

13. vckums

vckums Moderator

It's sad that Farrah passed. I watched her documentary when they aired it. She was a darn good lady.

As for MJ, there's no loss. His music was good. Him as a person, no.

14. emmac350

I agree, Vicki!