1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boiled Eggs

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Klabelle, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

[align=center]For some reason, my crabs seem to love these vegetarian chicken eggs a lot more than just the typical brands I normally buy. Aphrodite was dragging it off and eating under the tree and eventually my little Hermes walked on over and started devouring it. He likes scrambled eggs better though. Anyways, all in all, a hard boiled egg from BF Family apparently is good, I think I'll have to try them myself :chuckle:

[img=400x300]http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq220/Keirasan/SANY0123640x480.jpg[/img][/align]

2. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Yep, cage free/veg fed eggs do taste better.

I hate feeding egg... makes my tank really smell for days. I do give them the dried egg I get from Vicki.

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I put boiled egg or what ever method I cook it in at night & take it in the morning, and when I feed them later I don't notice my tank smelling like rotten eggs. Do you have enough ventilation? Are you leaving them in to long?

4. Klabelle

I didn't smell the eggs after i put them in my tank, it was strange. I put them in when I went to bed then took them out when I got home from school at 9pm so they were in the tank a good 12hrs or so and they still didn't smell.

5. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Scobdoo and Katz, I  have a humidifier attached to an air pump that circulates fresh air in the tank. I do remove any fresh food the next day. My crabs tend to bury the egg rather than eat it! This makes the tank smell like armpit haha. So I avoid putting it in.

6. Klabelle

They bury it?  :eek:
    I wonder why  :noidea:
    Mine dragged it all over the tank so I  can to take off almost the whole top layer after that.