1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blood Worms

Discussion in 'Nutrition & Water' started by cloie74, Nov 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

So my crabs are addicted to blood worms, when I offer them (About twice a week) they are totally GONE the next day. They will eat them before anything else on the dish. My question is, should they be given as just a treat or is it OK that they like to eat them so much and should I offer them with every feeding?
    Is it like candy to a child and they arent eating the "good stuff" because they filled up on worms??

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

I'd consider it to be a protein, so if they are eating it then they need it.

My fish get the frozen kind, I tried the live ones and they freaked me out too much. :no:

3. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Mine like their dried bloodworms. I feed them maybe every week or so as a part of the "protein that also has chitin" group (dried worms/other bugs, shrimp, etc. have exos made of the same compounds as our crabs, so crab exos can be strengthened by eating these critters) along with another protein without chitin like beef, etc.

4. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Thanks guys!
    mine are the dried ones also tonight I mixed in a few in with a tomato/cuke/green peper salsa with some ground beef and rice and they seemed to eat a little more of the GOOD stuff trying to get the worms lol I SWEAR they are pickier eaters than my kids!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.