1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blind PP

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by ReganShaw, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

OK, So a couple of months ago, (during the nice warm summer months) we purchased a bunch of new crabs for the Jersey Shore. One of the guys we got had a cataract over his one eye, so we called him the Blind Guy. He has been hiding inside a jumbo turbo (he is about the size of a silver dollar), and I thought he was getting ready to molt. One day he was in the back of the crabitat and I noticed part of a BP in the Jumbo Turbo he has been hiding out in. I picked it up and it was extremely lightweight, and felt fragile to touch (although I did not try to break it). So I was very happy, Thinking he did a quick molt inside the Turbo. Well, I was just checking out the tank and he was over by the water dish, so I tried to check him out more closely. The eye that had the cataract is missing the "eyeball," and he looks like he is missing both of his pinchers. I don't see either of the Pinchers anywhere around the tank. Could they have been eaten? Or are they just buried somewhere waiting for me and Cappa to find them? He seems to be digging under the water dish now...maybe he will pull a molt this time. I really hope he grows back his eye and pinchers.

2. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

sending good molting vibes~~~~ I really hope he molts and grows everything back

Good luck and keep us posted.

3. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

poor little guy, saying hermie prayers for him to grow back everything!
    these poor babies!

4. CJ

CJ "First Molt In Progress"

Wishing Blind Guy a healthy, happy molt!
    Good Luck! [​IMG]
    cj

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.