1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big ol' shell swap, now with PICS!

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by strawberryskittle, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

The bag of shells I bought at Michaels Craft store came with 4-5 different sized Turbos you may want to check them out, I paid $4 for the bag and there were other shells in there my crabs like so your talking less than a $ per shell!
    Also i hear that the bags they sell for $1 at the dollar store have turbos in them as well!

Shortcrab this is a turbo shell:
    [​IMG]

2. Medusa8

Medusa8 Hi, I'm New Here!

Strawberry, I'd be interested in changing. I'm in a bit of a fibrofog today, but am I right in thinking you have shells an inch and larger? And you'd like smaller shells? I'd definately be willing to trade a few

3. lovelylivelycrabs

lovelylivelycrabs "Preparing For First Molt"

I need BIG shells, like 1.5" to 1.75". I bought a whole bunch of shells online and most of them are too small. I was only able to use 1, and I'm willing to trade/sell to get some XL shells.
    I have 16 turbos, ranging from small (1 at the moment) to medium and large.
    I also have 1 magpie shell, 7 Dephinula, 11 Babylone, 8 Whale's Eye (4 really small, 4 medium-large), 4 unicorn (small-medium).

I'll take a picture of them later, but I really need XL shells!

4. lovelylivelycrabs

how big is your big shell? I have lots of babylons.

EDIT: SHELL PICS

First-Turbos

Second-Babylons

Third-Whale's Eyes

Fourth-Delphinulas

Fifth-Unicorns (I don't really know if the crabs like these, but crabs can make some pretty strange choices sometimes.)

:)

Attached Files:

5. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

I'm sorry! I've been slacking off! This thread died for so long I didn't think people even saw it anymore!

I do have shells larger than an inch. I have a crab that's in inch shells right now, but I'm happy to offer up bigger ones that I don't think he's gonna want. I also really want half inch to 1 inch range since we got three crabs that needs shells in that range.

lovelylivelycrabs: Your shells look like some would be GREAT for my crabs! Where in VA are you, actually?

6. Medusa8

I need larger than an inch, up to 1.5 inches. I have shells that are smaller, I'll measure them tonight to see how big they are.

7. Medusa8

Okay, I have 7 turbos with .5 to .75 inch shell openings. I also have a bunch of those unicorn ones, and some flat shells that can be used as dishes. I'm serious about an exchane, so if you guys want one, please PM me.

8. lovelylivelycrabs

@strawberry: I'm in Northern VA, near DC. :) I bought in bulk thinking I would use them all sooner or later, but then I realized my big crabs were too big for most of them, I think I used 1, and my small crabs were much too small for most of them (except for the teeny ones, which were WAY too small, and I don't know anyone with crabs that tiny... Actually I don't know anyone with crabs at all... hm.) So I have a whole bunch of shells that I never used. Didn't bother to wash them either, no real point if I'm not using them. :)
    I'd love to pick up some XL shells... one of mine just moved into a murex, probably because that was the biggest shell I have.
    Where are you in US, Strawberry?

9. strawberryskittle

I work in Washington DC, off Farragut West Metro station. I might be able to meet up with you pretty easily actually!

Medusa,
    Let me go home and double check for .5 to .75. I think those shells might work for my crabs for right NOW but I'm afraid they will grow out of them quickly too. Where are you located?

10. Medusa8

I'm in Arizona, actually. They don't weigh much though, it'll probably be like 3 bucks if I put them in a padded mailer. I don't mind sending them out. It's not enough money to really worry about, and it's better than throwing them out!

11. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Strawberry, are you still interested in shells? I can send you some and maybe get some pics if you want.

12. lovelylivelycrabs

@strawberry: My 'rents are sort of paranoid about me meeting people from online in the real world... and I can't drive, otherwise it'd work. I think mail might be the best option? I've actually gone past Farragut West on the Metro on the way to the zoo! :) Crazy world, eh? Anyway, you know, I'm 18, but "as long as I'm living under their roof, I have to follow their rules" so, haha, I'm a prisoner in my own home ;)

Sorry :p God, even when I turned 18 I was still treated like a minor. *rolls eyes*

13. shortcrab71

shortcrab71 "Never Molted"

Here are some pics of the shells I can get. The bigger ones run from $21.99 to $15.99. The small to mediums run $1.99 to $5.99. If anyone is interested I can take pics of what you are looking for and let you know the cost plus shipping.
    Shells pictures by SCCRABBER - Photobucket

14. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

SC - holy cow, those shells are amazing - what store are those in? I'm like...in shock here.

15. shortcrab71

They are in a store called Shell World. She does not have a website. Like I said before...if anyone is interested let me know what size opening you need. She will be closing at the end of the month and will not reopen until spring.

16. strawberryskittle

@cococrisp: I'd be happy to have shells if you have some that might work for me! The shells you asked about, the ones with the green stars, most of them have .5 inch to about .75 inch openings, with varying shells spacing inside. Do any of these work for you?

@lovelylivelycrabs: I understand how you feel ;) But I understand where you're parents are coming from too. Mine did much of the same. Except I was always pretty rebellious about it. (ie, I'd tell them I was going to the zoo, in your case :eek: ) NOT THAT i'm saying you should do that! In your first photo, how many in there do you think are about .5 to 1 inch? I can trade you some larger shells, if you're looking for 1.5 and above, though it might be easier if you tell me what type too so I don't have to go counting through all of them. They're all pictured too :)

17. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Well, I'll send you a couple. Just let me know which ones you want.

18. manolo578

manolo578 (Micro Crab)

Did you buy these shells from Micheals? I have so many of those. Its insans because I always have 1 or 2 of the same shell different size

19. manolo578

manolo578 (Micro Crab)

@shortcrab: Do you live in ontario or the states?

20. shortcrab71

I live in the states. In South Carolina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.