1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Big ol' shell swap, now with PICS!

Discussion in 'Shell Swap & Freebies?' started by strawberryskittle, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

Hello my fellow hermie lovers!

Now that my bf has dove into caring for his hermies (he's thinking about longer tank...waterfalls...sand...and...plants...and... my head spins), I occurred to me that we have 4 hermit crabs, all between half an inch to a bit over an inch, and just not enough shells! Both of my PPs prefer tubros (and when I say prefer, I mean, you can't get them into anything else ever!) and I suspect his will as well, at least O shaped shells.

I have a variety of other shells though, and I'm hoping to find someone here who might be able to swap. I'd love your help! I'm hoping to get shells for about 5/8 inch to about 1 inch, and some bigger, as one of my crabs are much bigger than the others.

Here are the pic captions:

current-in-circulation.jpg - these are the current shells I have boiled and are in "circulation", shells I think might be usable for them. Everything, with the exception of the turbos, I'm comfortable with considering for trade.

sm-med-fortrade-boiled.jpg - these are the ones I mentioned from above that I may be up for trading. I think the babys might be most useful for some. I don't know about the others. (Edit: the green stars are ones that are close to my crabs size and would like to hold on to)

large-shells-notboiled.jpg - These are the larger shells I didn't bother to boil because I know just looking at them my crabs can't use. They're just too big, and so are up for trade.

xl-shells-notboiled.jpg - With every bundle comes small shells...and...big shells. very big ones. like these. again I can't use these, so if anyone can and have small shells for trade, HURRAY!

Thanks everyone, for readin!

Attached Files:

2. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

Cool! I'm glad your friend has gone crab crazy! :D Do you think he will join the forum? A lot of these my crabs will probably like, but I don't think I have the shells you want. I'll check.

3. strawberryskittle

He's the type that can really only take so much suggestion before he just becomes so stubborn and resistant that he won't listen to anything you say! So Im not pushing him to anything, he's just coming to me with all these ideas and I just participate and gently try and steer him in a certain direction without making him feel like I'm pushing! It's a very complicated and exasperating process believe me!

Thanks for lookin, let me know if you see anything that might work :)

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

What size of an opening do you need on the medium turbos?

5. strawberryskittle

About half an inch to maybe like an inch?

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Unfortunately, your guys are the same size (approximately) as my guys (or will get there soon) so all of my turbos are being used right now. My Es for some reason seem to love turbos, no clue why, so I've got them in the tank.

7. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

oooooh... Babylons!!!! i got two crabs that love those!
    Shucks i only have one big shell!!!!

8. strawberryskittle

Awwwwwww.... :( My hopes went uuuuuuupppppPPP! for a second there..... then....aww...

:p

9. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

All the shells that are too small for my hermies are D shaped. Sorry. :( I really wished I had some shells to give to you.

10. strawberryskittle

A bump for the hopeful?

Anyone? In the area?

BF and I really need smaller shells badly... most of these are too big! I need more turbos :(

11. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Where abouts in MD?

12. strawberryskittle

Washington DC area

13. RoxyLupin

RoxyLupin (Micro Crab)

Sorry I only have one Green turbo and right now my mutt Micheal's checking it out, though, he may just be eating the EVOO I put on the lip like I usualy do for my shells... I've got some various shells my crabs don't seem to want, but I don't have money right now for shipping... I only have about eight or ten ( between two PICKY Hermies)

14. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Sorry, I don't have any turbos at all!!!

15. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

So, you want me to ship you some turbos? i think I've got a whole bunch of them. One second. I'll go check the sizes....

Lets see. I have the following:
    1/2 an inch
    1 inch
    3/4 an inch
    1/2 an inch
    1/4-1/2 an inch
    1/2 an inch
    How many are you looking for? I can probably get you the inch one and a couple half inch or three fourths. You can probably have them all. I'll go take a look at the ones you have. There is a certain type this little crabbie I'm pet sitting for likes...

Hmm. How big are the openings on the ones in the picture with green stars? The second to top row? Those are the ones he likes.

16. strawberryskittle

probably around 1/2 an inch to an inch and bigger. What size you looking for?

17. cococrisp

Do you have any extra suppiles? That's what I really need.

18. strawberryskittle

I threw out most of my stuff after the bugs started popping up with those wood pieces I had, so I'm afraid not :(

19. cococrisp

I can probably send you a couple. how many do you want? You know, Look on ebay too. You can find a heap of 100 for 1.99. Which sizes of mine do you want?

20. shortcrab71

shortcrab71 "Never Molted"

Ok, I might be dumb....but what are turbos. If you can show me a pic I might be able to find them for you. I have a shell shop that I can go to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.