1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bath time...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Kermit_RIP, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kermit_RIP

Kermit_RIP Hi, I'm New Here!

right now, im bathing my hermies once a week, on saturdays. i was wondering if it was ok to bathe them twice a week, like, say, saturdays and wednesdays. would that be ok, too much, or just right? btw i live in new jersey, so it isnt either dry or tropical... thanks ahead of time for the info!

2. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

I think twice a week is overdoing it....
    Bathing your hermies isn't terrible but it can stress them out,so I prefer to just let them clean themselves.Actually I'm trying to get them a deeper water dish so they can completely submerge themselves.They'll have alot more fun that way.[​IMG]
    But that's just my opinion-some people have different ideas about bathing.
    Hope that little bit helped![​IMG]

3. gweebles

gweebles "Preparing For First Molt"

I personally don't bathe them nor do I recommend doing it. With as many as I have, 15 now, I always seem to have one molting or in pre-molt. They hate their baths, so I just got them a deep water dish and let them bathe themselves when they want. There is usually someone in the waterdish at night wandering around. Pinky, my big boy, won't get completely in the water. He sits on the edge of the dish and "splashes" himself off with his claws. They are happier and I haven't had a death since I stopped bathing or isolating them.

4. ashleigh

ashleigh "First Molt In Progress"

"Say No to bathing"
    the Only time you should ever bath a crab is when they have mites or are New to the tank. It cause stress so when it comes to bathing say no. If they want a bath they will do it all by them self.

5. cursedkid

cursedkid (Micro Crab)

heh, my crabs bathe themselves with the sponges, they rub their claws and legs on it [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.