1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bananas

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by kissmeimgone, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kissmeimgone

kissmeimgone (Micro Crab)

Its weird..I fed Piglet some FD Banana Chips but he doesnt seem to care for them..That and apples..However, whenever I give him pineapples..he goes crazy over them..Any suggestions to put what food with the bananas to where he might be willing to try them?

2. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

my hermies absoloutley HATE real food i have been giving it to them for over a month now!

3. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I have heard many crabbers say that Haleye but they eat in such small quantities that you can hardly see. I often find when much food disappeared I find it buried somewhere. :) My crabs just trash the tank:).:p

4. haleye1997

haleye1997 (Small Crab)

cococrisp can you delete your pm cuz i cant pm you!

5. Laughs O Lot

Laughs O Lot (JUMBO CRAB)

I agree with cocoscrisp. When I fed my hermit crabs, I saw no change in the amount of food in the shell, but saw they were eating. They take microbites! Also, even if it's their favorite food, they don't eat unless they're hungry. Maybe put some pineapples with the bananas so it's more appetizing. My hermit crabs seem to like bananas.

6. kissmeimgone

yeah thats what i did..but once again it seemed like..all the pineapples were gone but it didnt look like he touched any of the bananas..then again he could have..and was just sampling ^.^

7. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

All 6 of mine stay away from the banana when I add it. I have even tried to leave it in the tank for 2 days but still nothing. They eat everything else I put in there though. Try pork, apples, grapes, strawberries with the tops, pineapple, coconut, blueberries, blackberries. Just keep trying stuff that is of course safe. You will not really notice anything gone. The only thing I notice that is eatten from is the shrimp tails, they eat a ton of that when offered to them.

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

Have you tried heating up some coconut oil and drizzling it over the bananas? Can even try some honey too, but the heated coconut oil brings out my crabs. I put it on some of their foods and popcorn as well.

9. kissmeimgone

hmm...ill definitley be sure to try ya'lls suggestions next time..thanks much ^.^

10. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

Well do you hate something?
    Same goes for our hermies! They have tastebuds (but smaller) just like us!

11. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

Actually I don't think they have tastebuds like us lol.
    One way to tell if they are eating is if there is sand in the food dish. I can usually tell what they may be munching by where the sand is.
    I keep putting in foods that they don't seem to touch much, just because they may end up wanting it sometime. I've heard other people say their hermies like bananas, but mine don't seem to touch it either. But I keep putting it in about once a week. :)

12. clover

clover "Preparing For Second Molt"

Piglet:Uber active and loves eating [Elmo]

what doed "Uber" mean?

13. crabbyjo

crabbyjo Suspended Crab

"Uber" is gamer's slang for "super" or "great". :)

14. kissmeimgone

Yesh, you caught me, my boyfriend is kind of a video game addict at times xD
    Not only that but Im of german descent and in german uber means 'over;above;or extremely' so piglet is extremley active and extremely loves eating lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.