1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BAM BAM :(

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by scoobdoo, Nov 29, 2010.

1. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

AFTER FINDING HIM BURIED W NO AIR POCKET AFTER A LONG MOLT, THEN COVERING W HUT, HE MOLTED & WAS DOING O.K. I WAITED A WEEK MOVED HIM TO ISO A PLASTIC TUB HE WASN'T MOVING AROUND THOUGH. THEN I FOUND MOLD. I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO STICK HIM IN THE MAIN TANK & I EVEN BATHED HIM TO KEEP MY BULLY OFF HIM. THE NEXT MORNING I FOUND HIM NAKED AND 2 CRABS BY HIS SHELL. I SCOOPED HIM UP AND PUT HIM IN A GLASS TANK SOMEONE GAVE ME THAT DAY & GOT IT ALL SET UP, HE WENT IN HIS SHELL FOR A LITTLE BIT BUT LEFT IT AGAIN & NEVER WOULD MOVE. HE HAD AN ODOR TO. HE LASTED FOR ABOUT A MONTH. TODAY I FOUND HIM DEAD AND THERE WAS MOLD AGAIN IN THE CORNER OF THE TANK, THIS WAS ALL NEW E.E TO. I TRIED EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF BUT HE WAS TO WEAK.

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

Sorry to here that he did'nt make it. You really tried your hardest too.Again I'm sorry!

3. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

all of us that have owned crabs even for a little while and had to deal with a sick crab know how hard it is to pull them through, I have read enough about it that I was was hoping for the best but I knew the odds were against me. I have 3 now they are good sized big boys, I don't think I will  be getting a new one since they are in a 20 gal tank. Another thing the people don't tell you about when you buy them, how much they do grow in a few yrs! I would like to get a few little smalls, but then again.. they grow! At 47 yrs old I'm thinking of my future and my pets to, who will be around to take them if I'm not.

4. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

:sad5:  Oh my---I am sooo sorry.  :hug2: