1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backwards in Shell

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by Klabelle, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

Do crabs molt this way? My blueberry is on the surface backwards in his shell. When i checked on him last night he was still moving but I didn't wanna bother him so i cut the top off a water jug. I wish I took a picture but it looks really awkward...

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

no, kind of strange surface molt going on maybe? he had access to other shells right and the temp and humidity is right? Do you have other crabs in the tank? If so make sure the bottle down far enough so they can't dig down to him or get a plate and go under him and get the crab with the bottle and put him in reg iso by himself. This would totally be your call. I have done this before with a shellless crab, he didn't make it but it was either leave him and be attack or take him and and give him a chance

3. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

It's a little late scoobdoo, he had access to plenty of shells, just none of the type he had. He ended up dying, he wasn't strong enough to get through his molt if that is what he was doing. Although nobody had access to where he was at, all that was left was his legs for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.