1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby food

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by SuperMom, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

[​IMG] I give my hermies baby food every now and then, but now that I have so many micro's I have been offering it more often. All my hermies like it but my micro's seem to love it. I have been giving them friuts and veggies. [​IMG]Here is a list of what I have tried.

bananas
    apple sauce
    strawberry banana
    peach cobbler
    apples and oatmeal cereal(it is already mixed and in a jar)
    green beans
    carrots
    carrots and peas peas
    apples and ham

I'm sure there are more. put it in an oyster shell or something very shallow.I sometimes mix it with plain quaker oats(only the fruits). [​IMG]

2. babyreba

babyreba Hi, I'm New Here!

Ya know, I don't know what is up with my crabs but they won't go for baby foods. Weird--I figured it'd be like a luxury for them, but they never eat it!

3. SuperMom

SuperMom "First Molt In Progress"

babyreba, you could try mixxing it with dry oats. they may like it that way. [​IMG]

4. kittykat

kittykat Hi, I'm New Here!

can i use the regular quaker oats, or does it need ot be something else? my hubby would kill me if he saw me really cooking something for the crabs, since i don't cook for him, so i need ideas that are quick and easy. i put in chopped apple last night, and i saw two of them munching. but this morning, there wasn't much much left, so i guess the rest decided to have a midnight snack! lol
    danielle

5. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Danielle,
    You can use plain rolled oats (quaker oats are fine) uncooked. They are also good to mix with organic honey to cut down on the mess.

6. pblove

pblove (Micro Crab)

"They are also good to mix with organic honey to cut down on the mess. "

I am the oen to make the mess with the honey!!
    Last time I put in a cap of honey, I dropped it as soon as I got it over the top of the tank, had honey running down my arm, the sides of the tank, the water and salt dishes and all over the substrate-what a mess.
    [​IMG]
    I do feed them oatmeal and they seem to like it too, I always put raisens in with it when I do feed it, as that is how I like to eat it. Guess they take after their "Mom"-lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.