1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baby food!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by NotaMallard, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotaMallard

NotaMallard "First Molt, A Success"

I heard organic baby food mentioned here a few times so I went to my local health food store. The staff was surprised at why I needed baby food, which started a nice conversation about my hermies, but that's not the point.
    Since I don't get fresh veggies very often in the house and frozen ones have salt I bought a small jar of veggie flavored stuff, no pesticides or salt, with lots of tasty stuff in it. I put a dab in and watched my littlest guy go on up to it and start munching away. The next morning it was all gone! This is the first time they've been so enthusiastic about food. So, I guess the reason I'm posting this is: GO BUY BABY FOOD. Your crabbies will love it. Also, what flavors do you suggest for next time? I was thinking about something nice and meaty.

2. chermo

chermo "Second Molt In Progress"

What stage of baby food did you get? 1, 2, or 3? If you are not sure it will say it on the jar, stage 1 is very smooth and almost watery, stage 2 is thicker than stage 1 but is not lumpy and stage 3 has lumps in it.

3. NotaMallard

Stage 2. It was sort of like a solid, if you took a bit out of it it would hold its shape, but there were no lumps.

4. CrabbyAbby

CrabbyAbby (Micro Crab)

I've offered baby foods before and while mine have yet to touch any of the beef, chicken or turkey offerings yogurt, sweet potatoes, blueberries and other fruits are a hit.

Glad your hermies liked it.

5. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

All the baby food I've seen has sodium in it, even the organic. What kind do you use and does it have sodium?

6. NotaMallard

Here it is:
    Garden Vegetables

"Ingredients: Organic carrots, organic potatoes, water, organic corn, organic green beans."

Seems safe to me?

7. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I've used baby food too- what you can do is freeze the extra into ice cube trays and have for later

8. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Thanks NotaMallard...I'll check it out at another store.

9. NotaMallard

Thanks for the tip! I have almost an entire jar left and was wondering what to do to keep it from molding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.