1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avoid Aluminum Hydroxide too!

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by kuplakrabs, Nov 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuplakrabs

kuplakrabs "Second Molt, A Success"

Yet another ingredient you want to avoid in your hermie foods...I just wanted to post this because it is found in many of the Hikari Cichlid formulas that people have been buying. Gertie has indicated that it interfers with calcium absorption and should not be fed in combination with fresh fruits and treats.

You may want to keep this in mind when buying commercial foods. I would certainly not panic and start throwing all of your food out, but if you are significantly concerned, take it back to the store where it was purchased. I may get a few strange looks, but I have not had anyone refuse to at least give me store credit.

2. ReganShaw

ReganShaw "Preparing For First Molt"

Thanks for that info Wendy!

(ps...I know I'm late [​IMG] )

3. hermit_crabs_rule

hermit_crabs_rule "Never Molted"

I'm trying to totally avoid the commercial food.Instead,I am giving them fresh,good food that actually is nutritious and safe for them.I keep an extra bottle of tetrafanna hermit crab cakes just in case i don't have anything to feed them.You never know what can kill hermit crabs until it is too late!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.