1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Average molting time?

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by shelbers91, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shelbers91

shelbers91 "Preparing For First Molt"

Hello:) Does anyone know the average underground molting time for smal/medium sised PP hermies? Because hermie has been under for about 2 weeks i think, Lyla for about 5 dayd and bruce for like a week, I think bruse is trying to recover from PPS, i KNOW hermie molted cuz i posted a pic, and i think lyla is cuz i havnt seen her since. I have peopl over and there like...wheres your crabs? andi tell them there underground molting, and there like..riiight.. ok.. lol Thanks so much for your knowlagable informations!

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

On average 3-4 weeks some have had them under for a couple months though.
    Depends on the individual crab, some go down and get right down to business and other dig underground subway systems before they decide it is time! ;)

3. shelbers91

shelbers91 "Preparing For First Molt"

lol ok thanks :) yea i know hermie made some subway systems lol i saw the grownd just a moovin away lol he already molted, and i know he dug under the big rock, to you think he could have dug the whole rock out and could he be stuck? and OOO I just l;ooked, Bruce it undigign himself! he was only under about a week, so i think he was just recovering

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.