1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attack

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by DaisyCrab, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Before I begin, no one was hurt.

However, one of my largest just finished a molt about a week ago. He did it on the surface, so I got out the pop bottle bottom and put it over him. All has been fine. He ate all his exo, and was sitting there looking around this morning when I got up, as if he was pondering how to get out of the makeshift "cage."

Well, since my biggest 2 are still down, and Brat (the only other crab thats not buried) usually minds his own business and doesn't bother anyone, I figured it would be ok to take the pop bottle bottom out.

Not the case, Brat tried to attack Jay-Jay twice. SO, my question is, how long do I wait now? Jay-Jay is in iso so he's safe, but now I don't know when to put him back in the main tank. I've never had this happen before.

2. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

I would leave Jay-Jay in iso for a little while longer. Is he back to a bright color? Also if Brat was the only one up for a while maybe he has decided the tank is HIS and doesn't want the other ones in there anymore. I would try introducing them in a neutral place and while doing that try to rearrange the tank as much as you can so it won't be his anymore. Hope that helps.

3. Hildegarde

Hildegarde "Preparing For Third Molt"

also try bathing them together, along with any other crabs that are topside.

4. Yadokari

Yadokari (Small Crab)

Does putting them into a neutral bath area even really work? I've read about that and to be honest, I don't get how it works aside from the fact that it's neutral land and they're freaking out.
    I suggest you take the safer path for both crabs and just let his shell harden before putting him into the main tank again.

5. krackersmom2

krackersmom2 (Large Crab)

Salt is a cleansing agent and it will make them smell the same. When we take one of the cats to the vet, when we bring the cat back home, the others banish him/her for a few days...I'm sure it is because they smell different.

6. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

So if I try this now, do you think they might be fine???
    Jay-Jay is quite unhappy about being in iso, he looks miserable, I'd like to remove him asap.

7. crabbycrazy2

crabbycrazy2 "Second Molt, A Success"

Not a bad idea to give him a bath, but I would wait to give it to him after his exo has hardened.

8. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

the bath is a good idea, and rearrange the tank when u put him back in so they can reclaim a hiding spot

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.