1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ASAP: Painting problem

Discussion in 'Emergency Care - 911.' started by HermitPaws, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

ok im gettin my bedroom painted tomarrow and i wont be able to use computer for a few days so i need a answer ASAP... and was wondering how long should i wait to put the crabs back in my room after they paint it?
    i won't be able to open window because it is snowing outside and very cold.
    Also the crabs will be in a diffrent room on a diffrent floor of the house so their safe.

2. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I would say a week or two. Once the smell goes away and after you move back in. You really want to make sure ALL the smell is gone. If it's bad for people it will probably hurt delicate little crabs. How long does it take for the smell to go away? I would wait a week after that to be safe.

3. HermitPaws

oooooh... Mom's not liking the sound of that... Guess i got to find room in the basement.

4. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

What's she thinking? Keeping them out for a day? Do you know like how long it will take for the smell to go away? I mean, if it takes 1 day then they could go back sooner but if it takes a week I would keep them out for a while. There are probably a lot of chemicals in paint. when will you be allowed in you room?

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

We painted 2 rooms in our house over the summer. We had all the windows and doors open and you could still smell the paint in the room for about a week. Since you have to keep the windows closed, I'd say atleast a week or more.

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, are you sure you can't crack open a window and have a fan blowing to help get the smell out? Your entire house will end up smelling like paint, FYI. Try to block off the gaps in the tank as much as you can and open your tank as little as possible, because the fumes aren't good for people, let alone crabs (hence why most people paint in the summer, because they can open windows for the smell to get out faster).

7. deedeeiam

deedeeiam "First Molt, A Success"

A water-vinegar solution will dispate the smell much faster. Just wipe down the walls with it after it's dried completely.

8. HermitPaws

Can't open window Cause they are Covered in snow.

9. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

This seems like a bad time to paint your room, then, crabs or not. You are going to be living in this room that smells of paint and you won't have a way to ventilate at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.