1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrrgghhh, I havent grown up yet.... (Bikes are FUN)

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by MAD, Sep 2, 2007.

?

MAD is in the market for a mountain bike, these are his options:

1. Buy one that is new, and create a history with it...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Go to a pawn-shop, rescue a neglected and abandoned bike, and tune her as he sees fit...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

alright... I am back in school this semester, and the distance from work to school is about 15min on foot.

A coworker is also taking classes, and rides his bike back and forth. He offered for me to use it for my one class, since he goes in the morning and I go in the afternoon.

I havent ridden a bike since I joined the military, (I had a REALLY nice mountain bike from ages 15-18, which was given away when I moved out...)

The bike in question is an old school 90's "Huffy Superia 15 speed". It was bought as-is at a pawn shop. John (the co-worker / partner in crime) said he paid about $80 for it 5 years ago.

The poor thing was in sad shape, but she got me to class with a minimum of fuss. John will be getting another bike for us to use later on, and we plan to give this one to our exchange student-assistant. The handlebars were bent, the derailer (rear shifter) cable was frayed, several bolts were loose, the seat was too low, and the chain was rusted and sticking.

(WD-40 is a wonderful thing...)
    Anyway, the bike, she be in good shape now, and I cant seem to keep from riding her at least once a day for at least 2 hours. (I forgot how much fun it was, and i get a halfway decent leg-workout out of the deal. I HAVE to have my own now, arrrrggghhhhh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.