1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Arrrg!!!! Darn Petco!!! ***SAD UPDATE LOST 1 :(***

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by starmaiden, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starmaiden

starmaiden "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Sigh... :angel12:

Large male straw named Carmine CLICKY
    Teeny straw Aka
    Small straw Beni

Female Indo with a gel limb
    Second female Indo
    Male Indo in a painted shell
    Another Pic of an Indo

New viola
    A female Viola in a ladybug shell

Now for the ruggie rescues:
    White female
    Another white female, but I don't think this one will make it :(
    A purple/brown male who I also don't think will make it :(
    Another male that I don't think will make it :(
    A shy ruggie that I couldn't s*e*x
    The last female

I tried to be good. I really did. I got 9 the first visit, then went back to replace one I lost to PPS, and got the 6 ruggies and another viola and indo. :doh: I felt really bad because they were exotics and they were starting to die in the tanks...I pulled out a dead indo and 2 dead ruggies that I recognised from my first visit. :crybaby2: I won't be going near any petstores that sell hermies for a loooong time! Like at least for a few years!!! :shuffle:

2. shmama

shmama Guest

Re: Arrrg!!!! Darn Petco!!! Hang my head low...realllly low...

:dogkiss: It's ok, you can't help it if you have a sweet heart & want to help the little critters! I wish you the best with all of them. :hug2:

3. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

Sweetie, I feel your pain!!! :BangHead: Last week I brought home TWELVE Petco crabs.....2-PPs, 6-Straws, 1-Viola, & 3-Ruggies. Three of the twelve are already gone. :sad11: BUT, I know that at least they died more comfortable here, than in an over-crowded pet store tank.

Your newbies are beautiful!!! Best of luck with all of them!!! :blowheart:

4. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

What Beauties!

I wish you all the best with the 3 little guys that you are concerned about... they look good in their mug shots :dontknow:

Congrats on all your babies!
    :blowheart:

5. starmaiden

Well, at least I sold my car last Saturday, so that takes a load off my mind and I might check and see if a crabbing acquantance of mine, who has a sweet 75 gallon setup but couldn't make the Petco sale because of an unfortunate family emergency, would like to take some of them. Then I'd know they were going to a good home.

6. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Awww, they are adorable! Congrats Star, at least they are in capable hands :petals:

7. starmaiden

Thanks for the congrats everyone! :thanks:

As of tonight, I've not lost anyone yet that I can tell, but only one of the painted shelled crabs, a ruggie, has changed. Usually they do that within the first 24 hours of being given other options. But then I've only ever bought PPs in painted shells and they always seem eager to change into natural ones. :headscratch:

Most everyone is dug down too, except for the loan painted shell indo who is spending a lot of time around the water dish, which makes me worry he'll go nakey and try to "return to the sea" on me. The other one that's up is the female viola in the ladybug shell. She has climbed to the top of a plastic plant and is perched there soaking up the warmth from the redglo bulb.

Violas must like it warmer while Indos must like it cooler. I notice the violas hanging out on the warmer side of the tank with the straws while the indos are always on the cooler side of the tank. Anyone else notice this?

8. Re: Arrrg!!!! Darn Petco!!! Hang my head low...realllly low...

I would have brought them home too...
    Totally adorable and I'm really getting angry at MY petco's now! *sigh*

9. starmaiden

I lost one of the white ruggies. She had dropped all her limbs overnight but was still barely alive. She had found a comfy spot under the driftwood, so I made sure the other crabbies couldn't get to her and left her be. She smells like the 'death smell' this afternoon. :crybaby2: You can tell by the picture I took of her day before yesterday that she was really stressed, her eyestalks are down.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j5/akeverline/hermitcrabs07/whiterugfemale2.jpg[/img]

RIP 'lil white ruggie!

10. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

awww, so sorry Star, that sucks. i went by one of the Petco's in my area today and they didn't have sqat. you guys got all the good ones. man, i've been looking for some more Indos for a while and i had no idea that Petco carried Violas. lucky poops.

11. starmaiden

Usually, my Petco only carries PPs and sometimes medium or large straws. I had to travel all the way to Oregon for my Es, and I've never seen an actual indo or viola until I saw the ones I got the other day. So I was very surprised that they had all the exotics that they did! :eek:

12. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

sorry you lost that lil rug Ann :sad11:

13. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Guest

sorry.

14. Crabaddict

Crabaddict Guest

Awww man, sorry about the little guy :sad5:

15. Joey Oh

Joey Oh Guest

So sorry about the loss of that sweet little Rug... at least she died in caring hands :tear:

I didn't know that about the eyestalks... is this common in all species? I noticed my little Rug, Chips, did the same thing... :dontknow:

I have lost more Rugs than PP's... all my PP's died under the sand so I never saw their eyes.

16. starmaiden

I think so, but i really notice it best in ruggies and Es especially.

Thanks for the condolences everyone!

17. *Kathy*

*Kathy* Guest

I have already lost 3 of my 12 newbies from the Petco sale, Ann. And there are 3 more missing, so I can only hope that they have dug down to destress.

I am so sorry you lost the little ruggie. I don't have a ton of luck with rugs period, but the white ones seem especially vunerable. :sad11:

18. starmaiden

Awww...I'm sorry Kathy! It seemed to me this shipment was especially beat up and stressed. :inv:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.