1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ariel's Molting! (I think??)

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by SkyBaby, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

HELP Ariel's Molting! (I think??) Never mind.. she's in there. :D

She disappeared. I saw her just a couple hours ago and even held her a bit :/ so she dug down sometime this morning. I have no idea where she went down though. :/ Should I pull out Sebastion while she's molting since I don't know where she is and thus where to put the 2 liter bottle? I don't even know if she's molting. Sebastion has been snarfing caclium lately I think he'll go down soon. Should I put him in the isolation tank? I changed them from play sand to that eco earth stuff yesterday.

They both love it. Either she went down where she was hanging out this morning (under the wood piece) or she buried her self under the shell area. I have no idea. She was really active this morning, but has been eating a lot of calcium and extra food.

I haven't seen either of them actually climb into the water dish yet. There's no dirt in there. I've been checking it every morning. I did change their water dishes though from those repti-rock things to small shallow-ish plastic tupperwares to give them more room and a slightly deeper dishes so they can submerge if they desire. I have some shells in there they can climb out on. I hope Ariel got enough water!!

My temp is really low and I'm struggling to get it any higher than 70F. Think she buried just to stay warm?

Sorry for the long post!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

she might have buried herself for warmth, or to check out the EE. Usually they're not that energetic pre-molt, but hey, you never know! ISO-ing is a choice only you can decide, but if you provide enough calcium and protien, there shouldn't be an issue wth sebastian =] good luck!

3. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Ok.. Something that just occurred to me.. how well can hermies scale a cracked tank??? I cracked it yesterday and forget I did that. The cracking starts at the bottom and goes all the way up. It's possible she's not even in there! Should I just start lightly brushing some EE aside to see if I see or feel her just to make sure she's there? It's that or scour the entire house since I haven't had any doors closed at all this morning. I saw her at 6 this morning. Then not at all when I checked on them at 7 or so. I'm trying not to panic.. The EE still looks pretty smoothed over.. I made it uneven deliberately.. Help me o_O

4. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

Just found her. Panic attack over. Ignore that. :D^

I did not disturb her much at all. I just dug around her to place a divider in and some food so if she decides to come out, she can. I don't have room in that little section for a water dish. Only extra shells and some food. Should I pull out the shells and put water in and let her look at shells when I take out the divider after she's done if she is in fact molting?

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Just leave her. As long as your crabs get plenty of calcium and protien they won't dig another up. I never ISO molters. Don't touch her and make sure she is in the dark. If she is not in the dark she will not molt. It's their instict to put off molting untill is dark.

6. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

She sealed off the little bit of her chamber that I could see against the glass.
    As long as she's doing good in there, it doesn't bother me. Now I'm just gonna wait for her to finish her molt. I wonder what she'll look like when she comes out. She's got all her legs as far as I know.

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Sounds good. She might be ore colorful when she comes up. She will probably be molting for a month.

8. SkyBaby

SkyBaby (Micro Crab)

That's cool! I can't wait to see her now! I wonder if Sebastion is gonna go down soon. Are there any instances where one molter gets the others in the tank to molt too?

9. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

oh wow, more interesting information =o i didn't know that!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.