1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Branches

Discussion in 'What's Cooking? - Not Poison!' started by froggz37, Apr 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. froggz37

froggz37 "First Molt, A Success"

I know that apple tree branches are safe for parrots and other birds, and also lizards. I'm assuming that they are non toxic to hermits. What does everyone else think? I'm planning on getting a few large branches from my neighbor to put into my newer aquarium. After I cut them I'm going to give them time to dry out, then all of the bark will come off, they will be sanded down, washed, and baked if I can fit them into the oven (lol)

2. Person

Person Hi, I'm New Here!

Me i think they shuldnt do any harm if you do all that stuff to it.. But try at your own risk. But I dont think theyll do any harm. If you can your hermit crabs driftwood then mabye you can give them apple tree branches.

3. froggz37

I'll repost a few weeks after I have had them in. I know with parrots the only toxic part of the apple tree are the seeds in the apple.

4. froggz37

omgoodness this is alot of work! [​IMG] Well they are finally soaking in a big container of salt water out in the driveway. Soon I can finally put them into the tank and attach the fake plants that I have and it will be done [​IMG]

5. Felicity Loves Animals

Felicity Loves Animals (Small Crab)

Good luck!!![​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.