1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apollo's New Molt

Discussion in 'Say Cheese' started by Klabelle, Feb 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klabelle

Klabelle "Second Molt In Progress"

He's almost the size of my fist!
    Man is he getting big.
    It took him 1 1/2 months to molt this time.
    He's super fuzzy and red though :eek:nhead:
    I was scared to hold him but he's still harmless Apollo who thinks my hand is still able to hold him.
    Anyone know where I can get a turbo or conch that is 1-1 1/2" opening?
    I dont have a shell for his next molt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Frostfire

Frostfire "Never Molted"

Congratulations, Apollo is looking huge!

I would suggest trying the hermit crab patch, that's where I get most of my shells from and the crabs love them.

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Ooooo...such a Handsome boy!

4. CrabAddict

CrabAddict Moderator

Apollo is looking devine! Beautiful molt, Congrats!

5. Klabelle

Thank you :D
    He reminds me of red delicious apples
    and I just had 1 more crab come up from a molt.
    Just 1 more to go!

I love it when they're successful ♥

6. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I had to go through hermit crab patch and look several times before they had some that were big enough, because I only wanted a certain type, turbo's..it seemed like they were just out of everything! then boom they were in stock and I ordered 2 bigger shells for my big guy, and a another crab owner had a bigger shell I bought off him and my pet shop had said they could order me some bigger ones to, so now I have 4 or 5 big shells for Crabby Paddy when he molted this time he came up i was so excited I got them ready put them in there and he had no interest in them! took them out waited a week put them back in after I recleaned them and same thing! he wasn't going to change! Now I have these shells just sitting, what a ungrateful crab!

7. Klabelle

Lol scoobdoo XD you should see my collection of shells. Apollo has OCD with shells so I can't really clean them or he'll spend a week swapping shells. Then I get tired of seeing his butt so I take them out. I have plenty of shells for my other crabs but I really should have planned for them to get the size of my fist in advance...

I feel bad when they don't use the stuff I get them XD it took new crabs to use the vine I put in there, my newer crabs seem to appreciate the crabitat more than Apollo, Hermes, and Aphrodite do. Hephaestus (strawberry) is always climbing something and Poseidon is always eating something...it's kinda scary how much that little blueberry eats...

On the plus side, all my crabs are up from their molt so I got to meet my knew E today! I just need to figure out which is Hypnos and which is Thanatos or if they're by chance female, Nyx and Styx.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.