1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another one dies

Discussion in 'Hermit Crab Obituaries - In Memory Of "Skip".' started by msmarvell, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmarvell

msmarvell (Micro Crab)

My second crab has died during the molting process.This is the one I thought was dead to begin with but was still alive. :( I have learned though when a crab does molt it best not to disturb it at all. I had the habit of checking on them and playing mommy making sure they had food underneath them and water close by. On a good note I picked up another crab today at Pet Co to join the remaining two crabs. :) they seem to be doing well. They are hanging out in my empty bathtub right now getting in some exercise and playtime. :)

2. Jason

Jason Moderator

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. It might be hard but you are correct. They are best left alone to molt. Again very sorry to hear about your loss.

Jason

3. hermiecrab101

hermiecrab101 (Micro Crab)

ive had 3 hermies die its so hard to let go of them (crying) i miss them sooooo much !!!

4. Shiya

Shiya "Never Molted"

I just recently lost one to molting, too, sort of... so I know how you feel. I'm sorry.

5. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Im sorry for your loss

6. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

You have alot of support on this forum because I believe we've all suffered loss. We need to accept that we didn't bring our friends here, we tried to give them the best life we could while they are with it. I'm sorry you lost your friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.