1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another horrible mall novelty store

Discussion in 'Store's Exposed.' started by Becca, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

On the way home from a Student Congress tourney, we stopped in Topeka and went shopping. I found another mall store- Third World. UGH!!! That is the shallowest sand and the most crowded "tank" I've ever seen. Hardly any cover or climbing. I think some of the crabs were dead...they were laying funny. I managaged another rescue. He did what all of my new crabs do...drink the whole small dish of saltwater. Poor baby.

2. zenoscribe

zenoscribe "Never Molted"

How awful!

I went to Petco on Friday - just wanted a few crabs but ended up buying 11. The setup was nicely done, large area stuff to climb on, eco-earth substrate. Ipicked a couple that were moving, then asked to see another that was still. The clerk picked it up, banged it a few times against the water dish then dunked it in. When I said I'd take them all, she did it again to another crab. Wehn I asked why she did that, she said that was how she could tell if it had a crab or was an empty shell. I asked her to just brush it with her finger & if any evidence of a claw - I'd take it. She did it one more time - looked like it might be a straw & they cost more - it was. Poor things, I bet they had nasty headaches.

While I put the new family members in their home, my daughter got on the phone - asked me if I could take one more crab because her friend was tired of it.She brought her whole set-up (which I won't even describe [​IMG])
    Adding the 3 I already had, now I have 15!

3. crazeecrabber103

crazeecrabber103 (Small Crab)

That's awful.Mall pet stores are the worst.There's one in the mall 'round here and the hermit crab tank just sits in the corner,completely ignored,while everyone surrounds the puppies(I hate seeing them in cages like that,too).Last time I went there,there was a dead crab;looked like it'd been there for a long time.It was completely flat like the other crabs had been picking at him and trampling him for awhile.It was really sad.I cannot go back there--it's disturbing.

And why was it so hard for that clerk to turn the shell over and look for a claw??Traumatizin the little guys like that.[​IMG] Best of luck to your 12 new ones zenoscribe!

4. Becca

Becca (Small Crab)

This is why I love my local petstore so much. (see previous topic) Because they are even more wonderful in comparison to these stores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.