1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another false alarm!!

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by cloie74, Sep 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

So I know most of the 6 we got a week ago today are still destressing, they bury during the day and come out to eat drink and climb at night, one of the 6 went down he day after we got him and just came up for the first time tonight!!
    He didn't molt like I thought he was lol
    He is up tonight and seems very perky! He took a salt water bath had a bite to eat and is currently hanging out on the net. Is he destressed now? I mean I am no going to bother him, I was just wondering if thats a good sign that he likes his new home.

Got rid of another painted shell tonight! thats 3 in less than 24 hours the litle guy changed right in front of us! No modesty these crabs! lol

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

I'm glad that another painted shell is out of there! Congrats on the shell changes!

If your guy came back up and isn't skittish, then he's probably done a lot of destressing. I'd still give him a week or so now that he's on the surface to give him a chance to get used to how often you walk by and when it becomes day and night and such, but it sounds like he's doing well!

3. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Mr. Crabs was the one that stole the painted flag shell before I could get it out and I am happy to report I placed a turbo shell next to him yesterday and he jumped right in it! I mean he literally grabbed it and jumped in, took less than a minute lol
    Ty decided last night that she was tired of her painted shell too so when I woke up this morning it was discarded in the salt water pool lol She has on a very pretty caramel colored conch type shell and seems very happy with it.
    4 more painted shells to go, I am going to go back to Micheal's and get another bag of those shells they really seemed happy with them I want to make sure there is enough variety to try and coax the rest!

4. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

Congratulations on the shell changes!!! I hope that the rest of your crabs change out of their painted shells, too!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.