1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anna out of shell!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Hermies4Life, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

i am like freaking out here! I woke up today and went over and checked on my hermies and then i saw anna without her shell walking around the tank!!!!
    I freaked out and got out my ISO. I got it up and running and then scooped her up and set her in there. I put a variety of shells in there for her,including ehr own.
    I am so scared right now i dont want to lose her!! Does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong.

I have a 35 galllon with damp playsand. I offer fresh and salt water fresxh and dried food everysay. my humidty is about 75-80 and my temp is about 75.

2. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Giver her a few minutes to get back in her shell, offer fresh food, water and a hidey in the ISO and keep an eye on her today.
    If she seems ok after getting back in her shell, put her back in the main tank with her friends later tonight.
    Sounds like your set up is OK,
    Have you changed anything recently or added anything new?
    Do you use tap water?
    what kind of salt mix are you using?

3. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

Right now i am using zoomed, because i bought bulf of it and i am trying to use it up then im going to get oceanic. i use filtered bottled water. and i havent added anything new. I just checked on her and she is in the fresh water dish at the moment still without a shell. i dont have a lid yet for the 10 gal so i put a damp towel over the top. And she seems to have eaten some food and that about it. I have at leat 15 or 16 other shells in ther for her. I just dont know whats wrong!

4. cloie74

cloie74 "Second Molt, A Success"

Hermie how is Anna this morning?
    Don't wait for the zoomed to be gone, it is not good for your crabs, go to the pet store and buy some Oceanic or instant ocean. your crabs will thank you ;)

5. rugh1982

rugh1982 "First Molt In Progress"

how is she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.