1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angelina County Humane Society (Good News)

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by MAD, Oct 17, 2009.

1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

alright, for the most part when people post about animal rescue stuff or pet stores it is to gripe about some unacceptable conditions.... Not so with this place.  I went there to inquire about a 10-year old Calico named "Callie" that was at the local petsmart.

I must admit I was impressed with the local operation here.  It was obvious that the people here really care for these animals.  There was a well groomed and friendly orange tabby "Jackson" who was patrolling the area (He is the office pet)  And their cages were clean, and their food and water bowls were clean and full.  All of the cats were wearing little bandanna scarfs.  When I asked what they were for, I was told that a volunteer group of children regularly visit the place to help tend to the animals.  The scarves meant that the animal had been bathed and groomed.    

It makes me feel better that there are still good people in the world.   I am going to go update my tetanus shot so I can help out there on the weekends