1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amie's Hawaiian photo thread

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Amie91280, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amie91280

Amie91280 "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

The beach last night (nobody robbed us then!) It's blurry cause I didn't use a flash because there were some locals headed our way and I didn't want to make ourselves too obvious since they hate mainlanders.
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4773/trip068wi7.jpg[/img]
    Shot with Canon PowerShot S70 at 2007-08-01

A little crabby we found on the beach today
    [​IMG]

The beach closest to our house
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9029/trip073us5.jpg[/img]

Looking over toward the beach we got robbed at
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/4188/trip069il3.jpg[/img]

The guys braving the waves
    [​IMG]

RJ and I on a rock. I had all that on and STILL turned red as a lobster...lol Guess I won't be too lazy to put on sunscreen next time
    [img width=300 height=225]http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/5152/trip076xc6.jpg[/img]

2. Amie91280

OK, is it just me, or do my photos look all weird, like they're painted or something? WTH?

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

what did I miss? You got robbed????? That crab almost looks fake- he is very cool! I have to go search the rest of the forum to see what your talking about- glad your ok :amie2:

4. CrabbyChris22

CrabbyChris22 Hi, I'm New Here!

i must have missed that too but i've been gone for a bit. did you get robbed the first day in HI or what?

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

THey went to the beach and Ryan left his wallet in the rental car. Someone smashed the window and took the wallet. Poor Amie!!!!

6. Amie91280

Yup, and it took 3 hours for Ryan to get a new military ID this morning. We went back to Budget and used my Mom's credit card (she faxed a copy to them with a letter saying we could use it there) to get a replacement car. We wanted the compact cause it was cheaper, but they upgraded us to a Taurus (?I can't spell that) for the same price. We're debating going to the beach today or not. I want to go, but I'm afraid to take the car. Someone this morning told us don't put any valuables in the car and leave the doors unlocked, that way they at least won't smash your windows. What a great place to live, huh? The tide was REALLY up when we came home from getting Ryan's new ID, so I kind of want to go soon and see what the waves washed up. RJ found 5 or 6 small shells yesterday. None were hermie friendly though, and a few looked cut in half, but he was happy anyway. I think a couple are cowries (?spelling again) they're lavander or purple on the inside and the others are weird ones that look like a clay snake rolled into a coil...lol.

7. grain

grain "Preparing For First Molt"

cool pics!!

What part of HI ??

8. tara

tara "Preparing For Fourth Molt"

Wow, Amie! When did you move to Hawaii? I am so jealous because, of course, it's gotta be like living in PARADISE! Great pics, too, girl.

Sorry to hear y'all got robbed though, dangit. That sucks. :bat:

*ahem..* Did you say you have an extra bedroom for visitorrrrrrrrss..hmmmm?
    ::) I'd love to stay!

;)

9. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

NO!!!!

that bedroom is MINE

she is gonna pay me to shoot looters, =)

10. Amie91280

LOL the extra is pink. MAD, you'll have to kick RJ out of his off white one and make him live in the pink one if you don't wanna. :chuckle: He said you can bring your noodle weapons and beat people with those too. Tara, we just got here on Tuesday. I like it so far except for being robbed of course. It's just like I pictured it would be, except the middle where there are fields of sugar cane and HUGE peaky mountains. Grain, we're on Oahu, in Wainane (I finally learned to say it! It's like saying the letters Y N I). RJ and I walked up to the beach today and stayed for about 2 hours since Ryan went to work today and we were bored. It's about a 10 minute walk and we had the beach mostly to ourselves. There were a few people up the beach when we got there, but after an hour, we were the only people in sight up and down the beach. I guess it can be good being away from Honollu and Waikiki. :)

11. grain

wow, that's amazing!! Congrats on living in such a beautiful place!! Most people I know will never even get to see a place as beautiful. Keep those pictures coming!!!

12. Amie91280

I will :) I think yesterday had to be the best day of my life! After RJ and I got back from the beach, the neighbor, Bill, knocked on my door. He asked if we needed anything cause he was running out to Home Depot and K-Mart. I said no cause I had given Ryan money and a list to get on his way home from work. Then Bill asked RJ if he wanted to go, and of course RJ did (we've only lived here since Tuesday, but RJ LOVES Bill). Bill was waiting for his wash to get done and stick it in the dryer before he left and when he came back over, he brought us two folding chairs (the kind in a bag) because he had been laughing at me earlier when I was hopping down the hall to answer the door when he knocked cause my foot was asleep and he saw it through the window....lol. Ryan came home shortly after RJ and Bill left, and when they came back, we all went up to the beach together. That was sooooo much fun because Bill knows the water better than we did, so he could hold RJ and stand out farther. Up till then, RJ and I had just been holding hands on the beach and letting the waves hit us. I actually went out up to my chin last night since I didn't have to hang onto RJ. After we came home and dried off, Bill came back over and asked if we wanted to go out to eat, his treat since he knew we've been living on sandwiches because I don't have my pots and pans yet (a good note on that, the movers called right before Ryan came home, our stuff got here and they're bringing it on Tuesday!) and we're low on funds cause of Ryan's wallet getting stolen. Dinner ROCKED! We went to a little place Bill knew, we ate outside in a screened in patio kind of thing. For an appetizer, Bill ordered something called Entamame (I don't think I spelled that right) that's cooked soybeans with lime and sea salt. We all tried some and they were good! My guys didn't like them, but I did. We just ordered burgers since Bill was paying (he yelled at us for that later...lol) but it was the best burger I've ever had. I don't think it's just cause I've been living on sandwiches either...lol. About halfway through the meal, some misty rain started coming in from the mountains and a double rainbow formed! As if that wasn't great enough, over dessert (apple pic a la mode- RJ and I split one) a Hawaiian girl was singing a traditional song as the sun set over the beach. I was in Heaven! We're probably going to go to the beach again today, we might even go snorkelling, Bill has some extra gear for when his wife and kids visit (they live in Colorado) that he said we can use. It feels so good to have an adult friend that lives so close! We've been here less than a week and are already hanging out with him a lot....lol. He also said he knows a beach, North Shore, where there are tons of sea turtles that we'll go to sometime. I guess if you don't get there early, the parking lot fills up. I actually think I like it here now, as long as a day like Wednesday never happens again! I'll probably take the camera with today again, but I hate borrowing so much stuff from Bill, so I won't be able to post any pics till Wednesday or so, after I get my back up camera cable from the movers. I'll think of you all while I'm on the beach today :D

13. Beetlebug

Beetlebug Guest

:crabaddict: YOU MAKE ME WANT TO GO TO HAWAII!!!!!!

now i need to convince my fiancee to take me. :rubhands:

14. Amie91280

If you come down, just stay away from the West end of the island. It's where we live, but it's the worst part for crime. We learned to not leave anything in the rental car and not to lock the doors. I was a nervous wreck today because I took my camera and was paranoid the whole time. I hate taking it with and leaving it in my beach bag, but I really wanted some more pics. The guys used Bill's snorkles and Ryan found a ton of cone and cowrie shells, so RJ's collection is growing. I hung out with RJ and only used the mask for a minute, but I saw quite a few little fish swimming around the bottom not too far out from shore :)

15. grain

wow Amie, you are soooooo lucky!! I am totally jealous!! I am trying to plan a trip to HI for next year sometime, and one of my main goals is to see the sea turtles. I love sea turtles....post all the pics of them that you can!! haha
    Congrats on having such a good day, hopefully many more to come!

16. Amie91280

We hiked up Diamond Head yesterday and took so many pictures that Ryan borrowed Bill's camera cable again, so here are some more!

Honolulu and Waikiki from the top of Diamond Head
    [​IMG]

The lighthouse by Diamond Head looking down from above
    [​IMG]

Me near the top of Diamond Head
    [​IMG]

The guys (Ryan and Bill holding RJ) in the water on Saturday
    [​IMG]

and last for now, the rainbow we saw Friday night at dinner, but before the second one formed over it
    [​IMG]

I have a ton more from Diamond Head, but RJ is being a brat and whining that I'm not letting him use my computer, so I'll post more another time. :)

17. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

that sure is purtiful!!!!!! makes me want to go swimming! :amie2:

18. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

man-o-man I bet the fishin' is killer out there....

THATS what I am doin' if i ever get to go to Hawaii, getting one of those speargun thingies and diving for tuna and sharks that are twice the size of ME.......

........*MAD starts drooling, and falls on the floor from the intoxicating thoughts......*

19. Amie91280

LOL MAD you sound just like Ryan!

We went to North Shore yesterday and snorkeled. There are supposed to be a lot of sea turtles up there, but we only saw one. The volunteer who's there on weekends to keep people from pestering the turtles said we were a little early and if we waited an hour or so, there would be more, but we went to lunch shortly after that when it started to drizzle. Ryan had the underwater camera with and took quite a few shots, but only one fish shot got any good (don't even ask how many there were of swimming bikini girls on there - he claims they were accidental, hmmmmph!)

My fish ID book says this one is a racoon butterflyfish
    [​IMG]

RJ and I taking a break from snorkeling
    [​IMG]

The lone sea turtle we saw yesterday. The underwater shots of it didn't get because there was too much sediment floating arounf that close to shore, so we had to resort to the regular camera.
    [​IMG]

A view of where we were
    [​IMG]

And last, one going over Kole Kole pass on Friday afternoon. You're only alloowed to take photos from the top, so here's the best one of them. It doesn't look THAT high up in the photo, it's a lot more impressive in real life
    [​IMG]

20. gotcrabs

gotcrabs Guest

GRRR! I am so jealous! I love Hawaii! (from what I have heard about it) Heck, you should send me some mangos! lol. jk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.