I certainly hope that I'm not allergic to our crabs! Friday evening we noticed mites in our crabitat, so I immediately went to buy new playsand. I boiled my "toys", and bathed my crabs; first in crab saltwater then flushed them with fresh spring water to get any mites off as suggested in this forum. Anyhow, when I woke up on Saturday, I was completely covered in hives. My husband and I eliminated any possible allergies. No new soap detergent or new foods in the past 48 hours. I went to the care center on Saturday and received two injections, one of steriod and one of benadryl. I continued to be miserable throughout the day Saturday and woke this morning looking and feeling even worse, I went back to the care center and received more injections. The dr. said that it is an allergic reaction to something but offered no further information. My questions are... 1. Has anyone ever heard of those nasty crab mites getting under the skin of humans? 2. Has anyone ever had this type of reaction after cleaning out their crabitat?