1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All my hermies are up!!

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by Mommyof2, Jun 6, 2012.

1. DEBBIE

DEBBIE "First Molt In Progress"

No Trixie I haven't bathed him yet, I'm giving him time to regain his strength. He's getting stronger every day.

I'm just watching him to make sure he changes shells

Thanks, Debbie

2. scoobdoo

scoobdoo "PM Jason For Custom Title"

I only bathe mine because I have a bully that will rip the new molter to shreds, & I'm lucky enough to catch mine when they come up.. if you don't have a bully I wouldn't bathe them at all.

3. DEBBIE

Well finally yesterday he came out of his shell again and I was able to see he only has 3 legs. No pinchers at all. He did go into a smaller shell than he was in and he is still alive.

I am feeding him honey because without any pinchers I don't feel he can eat. The honey is in a flat tray so he can drag himself into it and eat like he did with his water. I saw him lay down in the water dish and drink.

I feel so sorry for him. Any suggestions? I just don't know what else to do.

Thanks, Debbie

4. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

He will not live on honey alone. He will need all food groups to survive.You will need to take extra care in prepairing his meals. A protein,veggie,fruit,nuts,leaves. all mushed up so he doesnt have to tear it apart and put it on a flat surface. You will also need some powered calcium you can pick up at a pet store.You can mix all the food together. He needs to be as healthy as possible to be able to survive his next molt which will probably be soon after that he will start to grow his limbs back.

5. DEBBIE

Thanks Trixie, I'll do that.

Debbie