1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

all hermies dug down in the sand

Discussion in 'Frequently Asked Questions' started by heidi, Dec 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heidi

heidi "Never Molted"

think i might have figured out how to post i have 4 pp two are in iso each a 5 gal tank in the 29 gal tall tank are 2 pp dug down yesterday there was one up but tonite when got home from work all are down in the sand is it posible that they are molting at the same time? my larger pp this is his 2nd molt with me, in iso,the next one in iso this is mt 3rd molt with her the oter 2 i was given in september of this year i have never had all hermies molt at same time. the tanks temp are all 76 and humidity is at 74 exsept large tank its 78 dont know why always runs a bit higher have play sand as sub offer salt and fresh water thanks for any input and happy holidays

2. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

If your largest hermie has gone down to molt and the others are about due than yes. The large hermie (and the others but is the strongest with the large one). releases a hormone that sets this all in action. The others cant help but follow. Don't worry about them getting violent cause they are too busy with themselves right now. Me and some others on this web sight let are hermies molt in the main tank. I'm sure they will be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.