1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

I lost one of the rats I was trying to adopt out and the same night I had to hold her until she passed was the same night I went upstairs to find my biggest straw dead. Now I just went upstairs to find Bijou, one of my oldest small PP's dead. This is not the way to start a new month.

2. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

Emma--I am so sorry! That is a terrible way to start a month. Hope it gets better!!

3. Lightning Yoshi

Lightning Yoshi (Micro Crab)

woah, thats sucks, so sad:(

4. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well heres another, at least this one I had no control over, not that I know for sure I had anything to do with the others but whatever. Chip went under for a molt, he was the one I could see through the bottom of the tank, and when I did the big change I dug him up and found what I thought had happened. He died while molting. Keep in mind I don't normally dig up the crabs that go under but I could see him and knew that he hadn't moved in 2 weeks and you could also begin to smell him. Hopefully I won't have to post here anymore but my sis took home two more hermits from here work that I will be inheriting when I go home for break and the smaller of the two was attacked by the others in the tank and had two or three legs and the small claw torn off. It will be a miracle if that one makes it but that would be a nice change right now so send good vibes to the tiny crab in WI right now so I get a chance to see him/her when I get home.

5. DaisyCrab

DaisyCrab (Small Crab)

Gees are you ever having back luck. I hope it changes to good luck, fingers crossed :)

6. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well heres another to the list but I'm assuming/hoping this one was from stress. One of the micros I recently got, who was kind of in bad shape when I got him, is dead. I found him when I went to introduce my other small to them and when I picked him up and touched his claw to see if he was ok it fell off. I was really sure he was going to make it but I wanted to try. I did find a leg in there though so I'm hoping he dropped it due to stress and not that Skeeter pulled it off.
    Also Scarlet is acting odd and seems very weak so I hope she turns out to be ok, I did exactly what I did with Anya and she's back to running around.

7. alli'smommy

Emma, I am so sorry. I had a long run of bad luck a couple of months ago and was ready to "throw in the towel". But my addiction took over and I stuck it out and now, knock on wood, I have had alot better luck lately. Hang in there!!!

8. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well I was hoping for something like that but I don't know since I woke up this morning and found another one of my straws dead.

9. alli'smommy

Oh my goodness. I don't even know what to say to you. :( **hugs**

10. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Thanks. As of right now the other 6 look good so lets just keep it that way. The problem I am having with me tank right now is the humidity keeps jumping to about 93 and then the corner of the tank reopens and it drops again. I'm about to just not bother making it look nice and duck tape the entire tank so this stops happening.

11. alli'smommy

I am having fits with my humidity too all of the sudden. It'll hold at 80 then-wham-it's 60. It's only happening in my 10g with my E's though. The 20g is fine as always. Crazy! I don't know what to do about it-I'm doing everything I am supposed to do to prevent this. I have moist sand, sponges in the water, moss, and seran wrap over the top. I am at a loss.

12. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well I watched Cane jump out of his shell right in front of me last night and tried giving him honey and a warm salt water bath but he was already too far gone and he was dead by this morning. The only thing I can think of with these Straws is PPS and since they were all very large I think it was just too much for them. I'm not going to attempt anymore straws, apparently I don't have what they need and I feel bad that the other 3 have died in my care already.

13. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

Sorry to hear that

14. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Anya isn't looking good again. :( I just thought about the food. I've been using stuff I got from Vicki's store but I haven't gotten new stuff in a while and natural stuff doesn't last long. I don't think I could handle knowing if thats what is going wrong, that I'm poisoning my crabs.

15. Emma Jean

Emma Jean (Small Crab)

Well Anya has left me as well. I give up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.