1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

after-molt care please help.

Discussion in 'Molting.' started by hello_hammerheads, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

hi.

my largest hermit crab who is about as big as my hang molted last night and he looks very soft. he is growing his legs back and they look very gell-y, as they should. so far everything has gone smooth with his molt but i am not sure what i can feed him to ensire things go smooth and healthy for him.

and i do not own nor can i find any spiruilina so please stop telling me to feed that to him.

2. HermitPaws

HermitPaws "Fourth Molt, A Success"

have you try mushed up banana?

3. hello_hammerheads

hello_hammerheads "First Molt, A Success"

yes, i will put some in there with him. i put a portion of his exo unter a little hut with him because all the other hermies stole the rest of it, and marvin had his claw open so i was assuming that h efelt threatened so i put him in a safe place. my hermies never fight so it should be ok but to play it safe.

4. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

Feed foods high in zeaxanthin (sp?) such as cilantro (an herb), cornmeal, hard-boiled egg yolk, peas and corn. Also, I had a lot of trouble finding spirulina powder myself, but finally found it in an organic store!

5. crazy4crabs

crazy4crabs "Second Molt In Progress"

if other crabs have taken his exo then replace it with well rinsed eggshells. crush them up and put in with the food.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.