1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

adopting in NC!!!

Discussion in 'Adopt A Hermie - Save A Life, Adopt A Hermit Crab.' started by lmentries, Sep 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmentries

lmentries Hi, I'm New Here!

thought i should update my post since it has been forever!!

i'm in WHispering pines, NC and currently have 28 crabs between me and my daughter. 20 were adopted and i have room for more.

right now they are in 75 gallon, 20 gallon, and 40 gallon tanks. 6" - 10 " substrate of sand and eco-earth mixed. ocean and fresh water offered in dishes deep enough to bathe in, but easy to get out of. Food is all bought from hermit crab addiction store (organic and healthy crab food). Tons of stuff to climb on and hide under. temp hangs around 80. humidity between 80 - 90 depending on location inside tanks. lots of shells to choose from. day/night lighting keeps temp steady. all in all great crabitats that seem to keep my crabs happy.

If you need a great home for your hermits - please feel free to contact me. my 4 kids love the little critters too and since i homeschool, we are always here to care for them.

if you have questions please ask :)

2. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I have a hermie you can adopt. . . His name is Elmo. . . Contact me if you would like to adopt him. . .

3. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Lydia you are gonna have to share LOL

Alex you are in different areas.........did u realize?

4. CoolDoggy10

CoolDoggy10 (Large Crab)

i live in SC

5. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Try craigslist. Keep checking there and some will probably come up.

6. lmentries

hi hannah - are you in maine? i'm in North carolina, but if you are close to here i would be happy to adopt!! if not - i'm sure there is someone close to you who can adopt elmo - just look in the threads for areas close to you and you'll find comeone great i'm sure!!

let me know if you live close to NC and we can arrange the adoption :)

thanks,
    lydia - LMentries :)

7. lmentries

haha - i just can't get enough of da crabbies :) BTW - merlin finally changed shells - he snatched the ucky painted one right as Mr. Crab vacated it - UGGGHHH!!! thought i was FINALLY going to get rid of that ugly painted shell!!! they love it for some reason. :(

8. lmentries

thanks :) i do check every once in awhile, but most people want like $50 for a tiny cage and meager supplies i won't even use. i always offer to adopte for free, but i just can't spend money to BUY hermits right now. so far no one has responded to my free adoption offer but i keep trying :)

9. Hermies4Ever

Okay. . . Thanks for the helpful advice and info!!!

10. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Some people try to MAKE money on pets. They just want to give it to the person who will pay the most. Not the one who will give the best home.:(

11. Hermies4Ever

Oh, that's definitely NOT me. . . If I ever decide to adopt my hermies out, I will be sure to find them good and loving homes. . .

12. YouveGotCrabs

YouveGotCrabs (Micro Crab)

Hi Lmentries! I'm in North Cackalacky too...Greenville!

A lot of times I see people selling their crabs on Craigslist with all the accessories (Kritter Keeper, several painted shells, food dishes, etc). Most of the time it's stuff I don't really want, as I have an 85 gallon setup with everything a crabbie needs, so I email the seller and tell them I'm interested in the crabs but since I already have a crab tank I don't need all the "stuff", would they be willing to let the crabs go separately? I usually include a pic of my setup so they know I'm serious. :) Most of the time I find they will let the crabs go separately, either free or at a reduced price.

Nikki

13. lmentries

thanks for the advice :) i used it the other week and adoopted 8 crabbies without a fee :) he wanted $35 for them with a 40 gallon tank - which is a steal really, but i don't have room for anymore tanks!! so i got the crabs and some accessories for free (but i gave him $10 for the stuff because it was NICE :)

thanks,
    lmentries :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.