1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About saltwater..

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by BiZAceTriZ, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BiZAceTriZ

BiZAceTriZ Hi, I'm New Here!

My dad has a saltwater tank and i always take the tank's water for my hermits. So i was just thinking...is the water safe? he does add some minerals into the tank for the corals etc. it doesn't hurt the fish but i'm afraid it may hurt the hermits. Any advice?

*i've been giving them the water for a few months and they seem fine but still, i wanna double check.

2. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

I definately would NOT do that.....the properties are most likely different if he is adding stuff- plus the "poop" factor in a tank that is smaller quarters than an ocean may have something to do with it or it could just be my clean freak mind :D ---instead of playing games I would recommend that you use it the right way- what kind does he use? Oceanic//red sea/catalina are a few good ones. Instant Ocean is said to have too many metals in it--remember all this gets stored in hermies exo- and then he eats it when he molts- so its a recycle 24/7 that is why we must carefully watch what they get in food/water.

3. alli'smommy

alli'smommy "Preparing For Third Molt"

so, what kind of saltwater do you recommend? I use the aquarium salt--it's granules. Comes in a "milk carton" shaped package.

4. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

see above i put the quotes in the wrong spot--pink/white box you use--that is ok but not the best--not the worst

5. silver616

silver616 "Preparing For Second Molt"

I recommend Oceanic!!

6. Crabbybeach

Crabbybeach (Medium Crab)

I also do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.