1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

????about Fresh foods!

Discussion in 'Foods, Treats & Home Recipes.' started by jeswwjd23, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeswwjd23

jeswwjd23 (Small Crab)

I am goin' shopping soon and would like to get fresh fruit and vegies and freeze them, how long will the fruit and vegies last in the freezer??? i've never frozen fruit. or vegies so i'm clueless as to how long they last

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  2. vckums

vckums Moderator

They can last awhile. I'd say atleast a year if bagged right.

3. Itsy

Itsy "Second Molt, A Success"

if i was you id just buy them fresh fruit and put it n ur fridge cause when you free it it loses some of its enrichments the crabs need.

4. nancy

nancy "Preparing For Second Molt"

Actually, it's a good idea to freeze foods that will be used a little at a time. Foods tend to begin the breakdown process when they're frozen. In nature, crabs scavenenge for food in a state of decompizition. I feed all my crabs foods and they're doing fine.

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

Humans prefer fresh foods, where as crabs are natural scavengers and will eat rotting foods. Freezing does break down the cell structure of the food like Nancy said. If you let fresh items sit on the counter for a few hours the crabs will definately enjoy it more then straight out of the fridge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.