1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About a hermie submerging himself ...

Discussion in 'General questions about care.' started by clonehappy, Apr 14, 2009.

1. clonehappy

clonehappy "First Molt, A Success"

Forgive me if I'm putting this in the wrong forum I'm still learning my way around here :)

My hubby found one of our PPs submerging himself in the fresh water dish and came to me and said "ok mrs. hermit crab researcher is he ok?", and I know on occasion they will bathe themselves, though I have read so far PPs aren't necessarily known for doing that as much as other species.  Just wanted a little feedback (hon picked him up out of there and he's doing fine).  I have two good sized sea sponges in there so I know he could have gotten out Ive seen him sittin atop them many times, but I just wanted to ask the experts, just in case. :)  I worry like crazy about my babies lol.

So far we started out with 5, 4 molted right away and came out unscathed with pretty little black toenails, still waiting for Swirly to come up.  And our 6th "Fezzik" who just looks like he's in between medium and large (my avatar pic) hasn't felt like doing anything yet but switchin shells which is fine with me I rescued him from a shop in the mall where they have a ton of them in not so great conditions and I just wanna make them feel better.  Actually all of ours came from a Earthy type store.

2. vckums

vckums Moderator

It's find for them to submerge. It tends to worry us, I know when I saw my first crab do that I kinda freaked out and pulled him out after like 30 seconds LOL.