1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aaaaaand everybody is under.

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by erksh, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erksh

erksh "Never Molted"

20 gallon is so quiet -- they're all under.

The biggest (the kids merely call him BIG, even though I think he is on the large size of medium, he is the biggest crab we own) is sitting shell deep but not buried.

Even the little skittery teeny is gone...buried who-knows-where.

The 10 gallon full of rescues is quiet -- one under, two bumps on a log.

We have two more rescues in another 10 gallon. Picked them up from a friend via Facebook. Two mediums who lived in a half-gallon KK for 6 mos. They bathed, tanked up, one grabbed a new shell and I haven't seen them in two days...they're in full EE and after half a year on gravel, you could HERE the relief. The larger one was ashey and dull and DOVE into the salt bowl. You know what he's doing!

Now, I guess we wait and see who lives...

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Wow, that's a TON of rescues! I'm only allowed to rescue, so I must say I'm quite jealous. :) I did rescue 2 that had "Hermit Crab Sand" and Hermit Crab Salt Water Conditioner and pelleted food and a cedar half-log and a dyed cholla branch that was leaching dye onto the sand, and only 3 shells for the both of them. Needless to say, they ravaged the food bowl, jumped into the saltwater bowl, and loved the shells and upper levels I gave them while ISOing them. Put them in the main tank, both have molted and resurfaced and changed shells. :)

Don't you just love rescues?

3. erksh

erksh "Never Molted"

I put a random add on Craigslist and got a hit the next day from a Mom of preschoolers who brought three in a 10 gallon.

Then I was chatting about it on Facebook and a mom I know via cubscouts surrendered two more to us, as well, that went into our own 10 gallon.

So, we have 11 crabs over three tanks right now.

We'll have to do some shifting around when everyone wakes up (and if everyone lives -- our rescues haven't had water/humidity in 6 mos.).

Without all of them in front of me, we have one large, two medium and the rest small/teeny.

Including our frog, we're running four tanks right now.:eek::eek::D

4. xAizaOnigirix

xAizaOnigirix (Small Crab)

Wow! that's amazing! good luck! How do you rescue so many? I'd love to "rescue" my friends (we bought ours together, but while i went and got MUCH better things for mine, he's still stuck with a small mesh cage, gravel, one watering hole, no humidity, painted shells, and two of three dead crabs) but i don't think he'd let me.

5. emmac350

That's a tough situation for sure, but suggest that maybe his crabs would be doing better, like yours are, if he'd get a better setup.

6. Crabby_Crazy

Crabby_Crazy "First Molt, A Success"

The magical world of ponies! (ok, not really. my h
    Haha, i know the feeling. 8 tanks over here!

7. emmac350

Man, I can barely (sometimes) keep up my one tank (plus I do have an ISO, obviously). But 8 tanks to keep up? Wow...that's a lot of work every day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.