1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A true climber

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Donny (TMNT), Dec 22, 2009.

1. Donny (TMNT)

Donny (TMNT) (Large Crab)

A few days ago, Shelle was found mysteriously hanging from the roof of my cage! But then I realized how it happened, the climbing coconut carpet which she NEVER uses. So I had to cut the climbing wall down to the point that she couldn't get to the ceiling. She still tries everyway to get there, and climbs it everyday practically!

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Mine get to the top of the tank daily - I have tubing for their airstones in the water bowls. They don't get out, just do a few laps and climb back down.

3. timebandit

timebandit (Large Crab)

That is something they all like to do. I would'nt worry about taking down the coconut carpet. They are very good at climbing upside down and know exactly how to get down.(Don't try pulling them off cause they won't come off and you could hurt them if you do.

4. Donny (TMNT)

I'm ,less afraid of her getting out than her hurting herself. It could lead to disaster if she fell down. But, I would love it if it was okay, since she has her heart set on getting to the top.

5. imported_peach

imported_peach "First Molt, A Success"

you shouldn't worry about your crab falling, in the wild they fall out of tall trees all the time so a small fall in that tat when they're climbing won't hurt them

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

A fall from the top of the tank to the bottom of the tank isn't bad. It's when they fall from 4+ feet with a hard surface to fall onto.

Then again, I had a roomie (the one who got me into crabbing) who had a friend who got crabs with her, and his fell out of a window from the 3rd floor of a building onto the concrete below and lived at least for another 4 months after it.

7. Donny (TMNT)

WOW. That's amazing! I don't think my caage expands from even a foot, and I'm worried? HA!  :hilarious: Thanks guys. I'll be sure to put more climbing wall on the cage wall for christmas!

8. Donny (TMNT)

Yes! I got Shelle her wall! And she really like it too! Though, I've been having some trouble velcroing it to the wall, so I taped it on with duct tape.

9. imported_peach

imported_peach "First Molt, A Success"

yes who doesn't love ductape lol

10. Donny (TMNT)

I have a LOT of money in the "hermit crab savings" lot, so I want to by some new material, like a climbing plant, or moss. Lot's of people are using them on here! :rubhands:

11. willow555

willow555 (Large Crab)

I don't ever use tape.

12. Donny (TMNT)

I wouldn't have done it if the vellcro stayed put, but it failed to do it's job.