1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A solution to the soup dilemma...

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by MAD, Aug 1, 2009.

1. MAD

MAD "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Alright, I love soups/ spaghetti-ohs bla bla bla big surprise....

what aggravates me about this is that it requires a bowl, and bowls require cleaning after use, as well as a whole spoonful wasted as no amount of scraping with a spoon gets it all....

SO, I got some big sourdough rolls, dug out the center to make a bowl, then dumped the soup in it.

I ate the soup, then then I ate the bowl.   If anything you just rinse off the plate the roll was on......

2 birds with one stone, lol...

2. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, I love bread bowls. Back in college, we'd get chili with bread bowls about every two weeks or so...so fantastic! If you go to Panera's (chain sandwich/bakery restaurant) you can get soup in bread bowls...and it's fresh baked bread too. Mmm...

3. vckums

vckums Moderator

Love them! I use the creamy soups. My fave is turkey pot pie and hubby uses clam chowder.

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Vicki - if you're talking about Panera's soups, try the baked potato soup. It's out of this world!

5. vckums

vckums Moderator

I've never had Paneras. The ones I mentioned I get at the grocery store and then put into bread bowls at home. I'm hungry and this isn't helping lol

6. ema

ema "Third Molt In Progress"

YUM BREAD BOWLS!  I haven't tried spaghetti-os in one.  But I'll bet it would be good ... I'll have to try that one next ...

7. vckums

vckums Moderator

Im passing on the spaghettios. LOL

I learned a nifty tip. If you like the outer part of the bread crispy( I do) you put some butter on the top when you go to put it in the oven. It melts and makes it all nummy! And if it takes too long to cook, preheat the soup first.