1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Sad Day For Hermies :(

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Hermies4Life, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermies4Life

Hermies4Life (Small Crab)

I am quite outraged. I was surfing the interweb and came across this really plain site. I was looking at seashells and at the top of the page is this... I urge everyone to check this out even if you have already seen it.

Hermit Crab Cage kits

It is advertised as, "A complete setup for your hermit crabs."

Heres the email address. I think that if we all send in emails they might change.It might not happen but its worth a try.

ssi@seashells.com

oh and they say that they specialize in sea shells and im thinking about telling them to stick to what they 'specilaize in'

2. strawberryskittle

strawberryskittle (Small Crab)

my bf got one of these. (I did say don't) When it arrived, it was the biggest piece of junk you could possibly imagine. It's a total scam. Even if we don't think about the whole open cage thing for a second. It was literally a mesh curled around like two bucket tops with a hole cut into it for a lid. It was awful, he never even used it. You can't possibly use it.

3. Jessafall

Jessafall "Preparing For First Molt"

aside from the evil hermie kit they are trying to sell, I looked at the decor/gifts page almost everything on that page you can make for cheaper, like the shell lamp. all they did was stuff it with shells. or the candle holders, just buy a cheap vase from walmart, take some sand from your extra if you have lying around and place some pretty non-usable shells in. that site is just trying to ripe people off!!!

4. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Yeah, all their stuff is awful and could be made much better by anyone with any talent. What cracked me up was the awful shells they were selling as 'hermit crab changing shells' - the small set only contained maybe two shells a crab might consider changing into...the other ones didn't even consider that crabs like different shape openings...ugh. If you really want to get angry, check out the FMR website. They're supposed to be the people who know everything about hermit crab care as they're one of the main suppliers to pet stores as well as one of the main harvesters of crabs. Their site is ridiculous...even their part about how hermit crabs are in the wild is awful. I did a post over at HCP about it, and the post was almost 3 pages.

5. Hermies4Ever

Hermies4Ever (Large Crab)

I think the kit is nice, but I definetely don't think it's very big. . .

6. emmac350

emmac350 "Fourth Molt In Progress"

Nor does anything in their kit hold in humidity at all (wire mesh = no humidity).

7. cococrisp

cococrisp "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Yep. Those things are EVERYWHERE. Yard sales, flee markets, pet store, walmart, and even "official hermit crab sites". I'll give them a try tommorrow but often they don't really care about the poor crabs and just want money.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.