1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a reminder about respect

Discussion in 'The Sand Castle Lounge' started by Mckenny, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Hello everyone.....well, I may have to leave the site after this, :shuffle: and I'll probably be labeled :weirdo:, but I would like to comment on something that I'm seeing more and more of.
    I love this site---it is so very informative, pleasant, relaxing, and downright fun. I've visited other sites and decided they weren't for me after what I saw. The other site I belong to is HCRU.
    My beef is this: sometimes we as "grown-up kids" can get carried away in our kidding or poking fun. :sarcastic: I'm no angel in this category! And sometimes there is language that can be a little risky---there are a lot of young adults who are on this site. :oops: And there isn't any need to get a little (or a lot) snippy :slapfight: when someone more experienced is trying to help us out with their time and expertise. And lastly, lest we forget, Vickums (who is also owner of this site) and Hermez are "administrators", and I for one respect and value their time and information that they freely give.
    Sooo...not intending to step on anyone's toes (this is for me too), but maybe we could be a little more careful and respectful. :think:

2. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Was that intended for me? :sad5:
    I'll have to go check on my language in my own posts, but I don't think I said anything bad. I know kids are on this site....my daughter is on, and tha's one thing I love about this site. Everyone is so respectfull and assumes they are talking to a child...I have even told my sister to allow my niece to go on because it is very safe for children too.(she's 10)and my sister forbids her to go on sites to chat with starangers....but I assured her this is not like anything else out there.

Hermez? anyone? did I offend you? :crybaby2:
    I'm sorry if I, or my daughter did...We can maybe just read and listen from now on and forget about posting questions or comments unless crab related emergencies that we will make sure we search prior to asking. :zipit: Geeeeeez. and we were having so much fun. You guys are all so cool and we felt like we've known you all our lives....it was a pleasure! :bye:

3. Mckenny

Mckenny "PM Jason For Custom Title"

Oh My Goodness NO! :flower:
    As usual, I run my mouth before I think---or use the send button!!
    I guess I was just venting---I teach Preschool, four year olds, and I try to teach them about respect and (social graces). And then---every now and again---there'll be a parent who wants to rant and rave about whatever, in front of the children, with no "respect" to their tender ears---sigh---it's just sometimes I look around and think Whoa---let's get a grip.
    But absolutely NOT Mrs. Crabs...like I said in my comments, it most deffinitely is for me too!
    I'm sorry everyone... :eek:ops2: :zipit:

4. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

.........and by the way ALL....WE respect everyone and everything on this site. ...and we hope that little cute comments are always taken with a grain of salt...at least that's the way I take it..that's what MADE this site so much fun. ...cause in the end aren't we all a little nutty? :banana: But that's all good when your talking and learning about crabs. Something I would like to know though is....Hermez, Vickums...are you guys offended? If so...sorry! :giverose: But so you know you are highly respected in our household.

Someone stop me from leaving this site!!!It's killing me!!! :scream: come on guys you can do it! HELP! :luvu:

5. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Forget what I just wrote.... :madhouse:

6. vckums

vckums Moderator

Everyone needs a reminder now and then, myself included. So no worries. You all are the ones that make this site what it is, great. Without the members it wouldn't be anything.

If you think someone stepped out of line, used a wrong word or anything, please send a PM to myself, Hermez or any other mod/admin you feel comfortable with and let us know. We can probably fix it really fast and feelings won't get hurt. :huggies:

7. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

......but it wasn't us right? (my daughter or myself?)

:luvu:

and I guess Hermez or yourself Vicky would have said something if it was...right?

8. vckums

vckums Moderator

I haven't heard anything about anyone as of yet. Don't stress over it, it's hard to tell someones tone on here. I've been told I am blunt, yet I don't mean to be. *shrugs*

Now everyone smile, laugh or I send you to your rooms! :dance:

9. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

I don't think you sound blunt....the emoticons help with the tone. You guys are the best!

10. HermyTimbit

HermyTimbit "Never Molted"

OK Ok OK...

I have been following this conversation!

1. Respect is awesome here! No worries.
    2. We are all nuts so ... well so.
    3. Mrs. Crabs have not seen or read anything that I find nasty from you and I have been on here all week.l with my crabtastrifies! OMG! What a week!
    4. Vckums... :rockz: and all the rest of the admis and mod team... not to blunt, and very helpful and truthful!
    5 :hahahaha:. I don't want to go to my room! lol

:add:

HermyTimbit!
    ps. who better have a better weekend than week with my little monsters! lol!

SO SMILE! :biglaugh:

11. vckums

vckums Moderator

As of today only 2 people have ever been banned. And it wasn't for a reminder :airkiss:

12. 5kittens

5kittens "Second Molt, A Success"

YAY! :cheer: I hate it whenever mods get bann happy.

13. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Sometimes people think I am kidding when I try and ask something (forum related) and Im not.......I may say it in a jokie way as to make sure everyone is not wounded - that irks me.

Im not mad at anyone in this thread except Vicki :chuckle:

I will say I wish Mrs. Crabs would become 2 accounts not 1 so I know who I am actually dealing with- that is all from me. I am too straight forward and some people dont like it. Be happy its Vicki's site she is the soft one not me. I would do things different with some of the people we have had here :muahaha:

14. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Your my first pick!!!!!!!! I'M KIDDING! :bye:

15. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

What do we have to do to have another account....she wants to be Mini Mrs.Crabs.
    good idea Hermez. :rockon:

16. HERMEZ

HERMEZ Moderator

Just enroll from scratch like you did with yours - that is a cute name too!

17. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

I'm going to do it right now. :thanks:

18. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Ummmmm having problems. I signed in "forever"...how do I sign out? I can't do anything if I don't sign out. HELP!

19. Mrs.Crabs

Mrs.Crabs (Small Crab)

Forget it....found it..

20. vckums

vckums Moderator

Hermez
    :weirdo:

I may be a softie but you wuv me. I do give a lot of chances and I dont like to ban. I think 2 people in 3 years isn't a bad record.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.